Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICE production cars you wish were electric and perform like a Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving next to an Acura NSX and thought it would make a perfect BEV. The car has a timeless design. What ICE production cars do you wish were fully electric with all the performance we enjoy from Tesla?

acuransxpictures.jpg

Porsche Cayman... Lotus Evora...

And some small sleeper family sedans like BMW 3, Honda Civic, Chevy Cruze.

Are you thinking seriously about conversions, or just dreaming?

Are you thinking seriously about conversions, or just dreaming?
Just dreaming of a perfect world where the roads are well made, traffic police wave to you as you zoom by at 125mph and the weather is always 70 degrees and sunny. Oh look, a puppy. I have no desire to convert but think the NSX & Roadster share some DNA. Additionally, I think a BEV Porsche 911, Toyota Supra (Mark IV) and McLaren F1 (love the 3 seat setup) would be pretty cool.

Last edited:
I'd like an electric version of one of these:
Officially Licensed 1966 BATMOBILE® Replicas

It is so expensive, though, that maybe I should just rebody my Roadster in a few years when I'm tired of it. My Roadster will have lost most of its value by then, so I figure "Why not?".
It would be fun to have a mini-batmobile with almost-Roadster performance.
Very seriously, does anyone know of a body shop that could create that for me? Any idea how much it would cost?

Check out: Chip Foose, Foose Design

They are located in Huntington Beach, which would keep your car in CA. Chip Foose has his hand in several TV shows about cars so maybe he might take on your project as a TV episode. He's a perfectionist when it comes to cars he has worked his magic on.

I'd like an electric version of one of these:
Officially Licensed 1966 BATMOBILE® Replicas
Very seriously, does anyone know of a body shop that could create that for me?
Any idea how much it would cost?

It's really a two shop project. There are very few today that I would trust with Tesla's secret sauce. Maybe Rev Gadget. As for the outsides there are quite a few here in the LA area who do film work. (I think Foose would try to Foosify your batmobile -but you might like it) Barris (made the original Batmobile) is still making cars. Try http://www.la411.com/

The current Batmoble is said to be pretty well made for a movie car "It was designed and built by 'Chris Corbould' and Andrew Smith at Shepperton Studios in England...(half a million pounds)"

Honda Civic Type-R - well loved "hot hatch" now discontinued, reputedly because it fails stricter emissions tests - would be delicious to have an even better performing electric version with no emissions worriesVW Scirocco - it just looks so aerodynamic (although apparently it isn't)

VW Camper / Microbus

I know it's only a concept car, but you've seen this, right?

Edit:
According to this article, VW may actually make it a production vehicle.

VW is still coy about production plans for the Bulli, but we would expect a starting price of slightly less than $20,000 when the car launches in mid-2015, as it's currently slated.

Last edited:
I want an RV. A sleeps 4 people small RV, but a real RV, tall enough to stand inside. It would have a central aisle - 6 inches off the ground and you stand right on that with nothing else between you and the road. So the whole thing would be about 7 feet tall to have a couple inches of head clearance. With wheel hub motors and no truck drivetrain crap underneath that should be totally doable.
I would run the batteries on either side of this central aisle - underneath the benches/tables/storage.
I'd make the thing have aero that puts an airstream to shame - a crazy looking teardrop with a sub .17 Cd, totally smooth, no mirrors, only cameras. Hopefully with really great aero even something that weighs a lot could have a 300+ mile range.
You can recharge 150kW in around 16 hours with a 40 amp 240 volt RV park connection - so whatever distance you can get park hopping with 16 hours of plugged in time at RV parks determines how far you can go each day.
Or you could make a couple hours stop at a Level 3 and fill the big battery from that.

Last edited: