Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging points for EV owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I am the happy owner of a Roadster TESLA (number 377) in Europe.
I try to travel with it but I have a lot of difficulty to find point of charge 32A 220V.
Let us not speak about "Wall Connector" it is even more difficult. But you can find some in the South of France and in Italy.
I would like with the cooperation of Roadster TESLA owners at first and then with owners of E.V. to build a data base of points of charge.
It will allow us to drive with our electric more often and faster in Europe and in the same time to meet people with one same passion.
I would supply it to the persons who wishes with the agreement of the owners of points of charge.

James

I try to travel with it but I have a lot of difficulty to find point of charge 32A 220V.
Hi James... lots of public HPC's and 32A charging in the UK today with more than 1000 sites expected in the next 12 months;

http://www.zerocarbonworld.org/charging-station-map

I would like with the cooperation of Roadster TESLA owners at first and then with owners of E.V. to build a data base of points of charge
a free and open global database of EV Charging Stations is being developed by a small community of EV drivers;

http://openchargemap.org/

Currently we are trying to map all the Charging Stations in the UK, US, and HK. Please do get involved and help us map other countries in Europe :smile:

Mitrovic I already know this website but there is no charging point in 220V 32A in France listed.
I know 3 charging point for the Roadster "it is a High Power Wall Connector" One in Ramatuelle and the other in Monaco (Tesla store and Protech) but you need to be there at open store hours.
We do not have 220V 32A public charging point in south of France. You can find in some car park charging point but in 220V 16A
I am located near Aix-en-Provence and I have a 220V 32A charging point at home for my Roadster.

It will be great to have access to a website like Mappy - Mappy - plans, itinéraires, guide d'adresses en Europe with charging point and informations for the E.V. drivers (Voltage / Amp / hours of access / GPS coordinates / Photos of the charging point etc.)
In France we are bad student for E.V. attitude. We want to sell E.V. but there is no fast public charging point.

Kevin Sharpe I can give you charging point I know where I live and where I have charged my car. But what is important for E.V. drivers is to know the charging hours and conditions. When I want to travel for 500 km in one day I need to know things on the charging point.

I live in the South of France (Aix-en-Provence)
We are users of electric motor cars and we can create our own database.
There is on Côte d'Azur 3 High Power Wall Connector. The access is difficult, but if we phone them that it is possible.
As TESLA user if another TESLA driver has to reload his car I would be happy to receive him with my 220V 32A wall grip
The public borders in France are 220V 162A no fast load for the moment except for Leaf Nissan but they have connection of type 3 and we cannot reload Roadster above.
I try to show the interest for an hotels or restaurants owner to propose a 220V 32A but it is not evident because all the cars have specifics connections
I would like to go in Germany Koln, but where from I lived I have to stop in Lyon (after 320 km) with one 220V 16A what is impossible it takes too much time.
I cannot conceive to make it.
Or I can plan Aix-en-Provence to Monaco (200km fast charge at Tesla Store 220V 40A) Then Monaco to Milan (305 km with 220V 70A) I did it in 12 hours.
Then after I probably find fast charging point.
There is in France near 30 Roadster TESLA owners. May be some of them are on this website.

I contacted Lemnet we will see...

And in Southern France, how about the harbours? Can you persuade them to let you charge. I've been recently to Cannes and I think this would be also a great place to charge at their yacht harbour.

Do not forget the HPC in Milan still do not work.

Renault is planing to deploy several thousands charging points in France. Will they be Tesla-compatible?

Why are there noc harging points outside of UK on your opencharge map?
only a limited amount of data was dumped into the database during the development process. Now that we are comfortable with the database we are asking people to contribute data. Last week for instance several hundred Charging Stations from the UK were added to the existing US and HK data.

With regards to Europe, I know volunteers are collating data from Germany and Holland so you should start seeing this soon.

Here is the latest update on Charging Stations in the OpenChargeMap database;

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/4523-EV-Charger-Maps?p=78928&viewfull=1#post78928

Last edited:
No Renault charging point like Nissan will be mode 3 charging points. The Roadster TESLA is a mode 1 . They is no communication between the charging point and the car. Most of those mode 3 charging point will be 380 - 400 V DC and the Roadster is 220 V AC. So it's a big problem for US.
Harbour will be interesting if you travel near the coast. But when you enter in lands no possibilities. Charging points for Camping Cars are working in 220V 10A or 13A when you are lucky.
I do not want to use public charging point. Not now because connections are very different according countries in Europe
First of all because there is no fast charging point in France.
Second I will prefer to create a data base based only with TESLA ROADSTER owners who will want to propose they 220V 32A or 220V 70A charging point to other TESLA ROADSTER owners.
With more than 500 Roadster in Europe we will be able to travel in Europe with our Roadster without any problem.
If some of you are OK to see other TESLA ROADSTER owners at your home just sent me an IG message