Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X is ruining my Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model X is ruining my Model S... ok totally sarcastic but I drove the S this morning after driving my wife's X all weekend, and it felt claustrophobic. Reminded me of the first time I sat in a Volt. Damn gigantic windshield on the X. No auto-closening doors either :mad: :tongue:

I have not driven another car since I picked up my Model X last Saturday (January 16, 2016) for this very reason.

The Model X is ruining my Model S... ok totally sarcastic but I drove the S this morning after driving my wife's X all weekend, and it felt claustrophobic. Reminded me of the first time I sat in a Volt. Damn gigantic windshield on the X. No auto-closening doors either :mad: :tongue:

I feel like that and I don't have an X.

The cabin of the Model S is so cramped.

I haven't had the chance to sit in a Model X yet, but I agree that the Model S feels very "closed in". The cabin in the S is wide, but the driver does not seem to have have much leeway between shoulder and door, and the headroom is also very low. While this contributes to the sports car feel of the vehicle, many buyers will prefer more space. My Honda Civic honestly feels more open in the front.

Eventually I expect the Model X to outsell Model S by 3:2 for this very reason.

I am enjoying both Model S and X. The biggest surprise with Model X is the increased traffic noise when sitting at a busy cross street. It appears that the large windshield allows more traffic noise to enter the cabin. The sound system in Model X has so much more bass, that I turned down the bass response. The extra tint at the rear windows, the same range as a 3 year old Model S P85 and the lack of AM radio are a few Model X features that help me love the S. The large windshield, comfortable seats and higher profile are major Model X positives. The comparisons will continue as the service center improves Model X over time.

Both the SoCal LEAF & EV group and the OC Tesla group got a closeup look on the weekend. Even the Roadster, S and X keys were compared. A couple of Ludicrous rides occurred and all had a great time making their own comparisons.

IMG_2264.JPG
IMG_2281.JPG
IMG_2293.JPG

Last edited: