Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Name

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cattledog

Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Millennium Falcon
IMG_3451.JPG

I wish there was a way to check with my state DMV (Colorado) as to what custom/vanity license plates from my short list is available. No reason why I would need to know who has which names already, only want to find out if certain name combos have been taken. The idea of submitting 3 or 4 different choices only to have them all rejected as taken is a lousy waste of time. I could ask sheriff buddies or cops to run certain possible choices, but then they might get in trouble for searching without cause. Arghhh, First World Problems....

I wish there was a way to check with my state DMV (Colorado) as to what custom/vanity license plates from my short list is available. No reason why I would need to know who has which names already, only want to find out if certain name combos have been taken. The idea of submitting 3 or 4 different choices only to have them all rejected as taken is a lousy waste of time. I could ask sheriff buddies or cops to run certain possible choices, but then they might get in trouble for searching without cause. Arghhh, First World Problems....

Yes. It's a pain! I keep mailing in forms with 5 choices each only to find out two weeks later that all of my choices are taken. Other states have an online search. It would be so easy to add that feature, Colorado!

I can tell you that FN-2187 is currently available. I decided not to get it since most probably couldn't figure it out.

Yes. It's a pain! I keep mailing in forms with 5 choices each only to find out two weeks later that all of my choices are taken. Other states have an online search. It would be so easy to add that feature, Colorado!

I can tell you that FN-2187 is currently available. I decided not to get it since most probably couldn't figure it out.
FINN! What about THX-1138? Too much of a stretch? Yeah, and not actually Star Wars-y.

"X Wings" (plural) is available in some states. TIEFIGHTR would be funny, and ironic. NY has up to 8 on our plate. RED 5 or REDLEADR would be good for a red one. Or KESSLRUN for any color (but particularly a dirty white one).