Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Final Under Warranty Service suggestions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All!

My 2013 s85 has 49,000 miles and in about 2 weeks I will be taking it to the SC for a few things I have on my checklist addressed. I know many of you have had a multitude of issues that often only get addressed if complained about at the SC. I am choosing to NOT purchase the extended warranty. I would appreciate any and all suggestions any of you may have that I can address with the SC to help me avoid any pitfalls in the coming years where I will be out of warranty.

Here is a rundown of service since ownership (3 years).
-All new door handles about 1.5 years ago. I believe they are gen 2. No issues since installing them.
-Original Drive unit - No milling noise
-"A" Pack battery - This is a bummer in that it charges slower. Wish I could request a B or later. Can I? Has anyone?
-new audio thumb buttons on steering wheel
-Alignment

There is wear from entering and exiting the car on the "b" pillar like many of us. Can that be addressed? Any success there?
The head liner fit is horrible at the rubber whether stripping at both doors. Any success there for anyone complaining. I have standard roof liner.

Thank you all, for I am sure your suggestions will be of great benefit in the coming years of ownership!
John

Last edited:
Hi All!

My 2013 s85 has 49,000 miles and in about 2 weeks I will be taking it to the SC for a few things I have on my checklist addressed. I know many of you have had a multitude of issues that often only get addressed if complained about at the SC. I am choosing to NOT purchase the extended warranty. I would appreciate any and all suggestions any of you may have that I can address with the SC to help me avoid any pitfalls in the coming years where I will be out of warranty.

Here is a rundown of service since ownership (3 years).
-All new door handles about 1.5 years ago. I believe they are gen 2. No issues since installing them.
-Original Drive unit - No milling noise
-"A" Pack battery - This is a bummer in that it charges slower. Wish I could request a B or later. Can I? Has anyone?
-new audio thumb buttons on steering wheel
-Alignment

There is wear from entering and exiting the car on the "b" pillar like many of us. Can that be addressed? Any success there?
The head liner fit is horrible at the rubber whether stripping at both doors. Any success there for anyone complaining. I have standard roof liner.

Thank you all, for I am sure your suggestions will be of great benefit in the coming years of ownership!
John
Can't request a B (or newer) battery. Only chance right now, is to have a battery failure of some sort, and they "may" give you a newer one instead of repairing your old one.

As for the wear on the B pillar, Black Sharpie worked great.

Thank you!

Have any of you noticed repairs that only occurred if you "complained"? I'm not looking to have perfect items replaced, but to focus on items that might be close to failure and the SC will not bring it to my attention unless I bring it to theirs.

Thanks,
John

Make sure they check your 12v battery, these things don't last long, and Tesla seems to charge a bit of a premium on them.
The wheel alignment is included in your service plan, but many service centres seem to be trying to avoid them, don't let them avoid it on your last service.

Make sure you think about any little thing that's been bugging you, even if you think it's not repairable, and mention it, they may tell you there's nothing they can do about it, but you may find they fix something you thought was just "the way it is"