Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[proposed] Class action lawsuit against tesla - door handles unreliable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please only serious replies. Your post adds unnecessarily to this post. I have reported it.

And I'm going to report you for wasting the moderator's time with silly reports. :)

Seriously. Don't clog up the moderators' work queue just because you don't happen to like a post. If it violates the TOS, then report it. (And ftr, that post didn't violate the TOS.) Quit wasting their time.

He says he has one of the first 30 reservations in the world but then writes somewhere else he has P1,500 or so. Also, it's impossible for his car to be out of warranty as it isn't over 4 years old but they charged him $1,300 to replace the handles? There is that lemon lawyer that is an expert in this field he might want to contact.

edit: As FlasherZ pointed out if over 50,000 miles it is out of warranty

Last edited:
He says he has one of the first 30 reservations in the world but then writes somewhere else he has P1,500 or so. Also, it's impossible for his car to be out of warranty as it isn't over 4 years old but they charged him $1,300 to replace the handles? There is that lemon lawyer that is an expert in this field he might want to contact.

If it has over 50,000 miles it is considered out of warranty - 4 years or 50,000 miles. Extended warranty would have given him 8/100 with $200 deductible.

Aside from the failure of my first-generation handles on the Signature car, mine have been rock-solid. I'm just disappointed they made me replace the original "movement-less" sensors because they couldn't find any more left. I'll be happy to testify on Tesla's behalf.

That said, Tesla service managers have wide latitude to manage their service business. I find that they tend to respond well to reasonable attempts to work with them, and respond just as you would figure when threatening them with legal action.

Reactions: Judge Joshua
If it has over 50,000 miles it is considered out of warranty - 4 years or 50,000 miles. Extended warranty would have given him 8/100 with $200 deductible.

Aside from the failure of my first-generation handles on the Signature car, mine have been rock-solid. I'm just disappointed they made me replace the original "movement-less" sensors because they couldn't find any more left.

That said, Tesla service managers have wide latitude to manage their service business. I find that they tend to respond well to reasonable attempts to work with them, and respond just as you would figure when threatening them with legal action.

Ah, good point. Of course, didn't think of that so am wrong if he has over 50,000 miles. But you're right, being a normal person and speaking with them calmly especially if this issue has been going on that long would usually lead them to replace it anyway.