Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jackpoint jack stands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got the chance to try them today while swapping my wheels for my winter set, and I want to say that they worked really well. Robust construction, and the standard pad that came with it was the right size (no overlap with the battery area - I used the rubber pad with the pin).

The main thing is to feel for the lip (the edge of the battery pack shield) starting medial to the jack point. The saddle or pad can abut it, but God forbid you hook up the edge of the pad
onto it, the weight of the car will crush the battery pack.

The main thing is to feel for the lip (the edge of the battery pack shield) starting medial to the jack point. The saddle or pad can abut it, but God forbid you hook up the edge of the pad
There is a pin on the Jackpoint jackstand that goes in the hole in the Model S' jack point. It won't touch the battery, and you get it right every time.

Thanks
Photos of?
This... :cool:

attachment.php?attachmentid=45170&d=1394915827.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, that's my car! I've really been impressed by how easy these things are to use.

I don't use them for simple tire swapping, but in the spring, I really clean out the wheel wells when I put my summer wheels back on. I also use them for cleaning and spraying the rotor hats.

No special adapters needed. Just buy the regular stands.

This is the most important thing. Just after engaging the JPJS, I feel between the circular rubber pad and the batter cage. I can barely get a finger between the pad and the cage, and that's sign enough that you've cleared the cage.