Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S In-Flight Refueling.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
12540671_555332924626072_400311921519065587_n.jpg

Seen on a 70D, V7.1 (2.9.172)

Since Last charge : 178 x 92,9 = 16,5 kWh.
Trip : 189 x 92,6 = 17,5 kWh.
According to this, this Model S was refueled in-flight after 1 kWh (about 5 km).

FYI no stop made during the trip. Driver says he did not set the car to P.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, what am I looking at? I can't remember if the stopwatch is time until destination or time elapsed on the current trip.

"depuis 15:17" = "Since 15:17" = Beginning of the trip.
1:18 = Elapsed time

Last edited:
So you're saying the driver unplugged the car and simply drove, and this is what he saw?

Forget the energy part. I'm trying to reconcile the 0.3 (or should I say 0,3) km difference between the two.

There are rounding errors. Mine sometimes shows this kind of discrepancy. Also you can sometimes induce this behaviour by rebooting during a drive. I don't worry about it because the variance goes away after awhile.

Since V7 we have freezings. One meter or the other stops for several kilometers, then comes a small or a big jump. Trip A and B on the touchscreen are also affected.
Initially I asked the driver if he stopped (P) after 300 meters. He replied that it was not the case. I have now to ask him if he did a reboot while driving. I'll be right back.

V7 came with some glitches in relation to this matter. I'll show you more display pictures with weird things happening.

Last edited:
I'm seeing this also since 7.1 Before, the trip meter "since last charge" and current trip were always in Synch (if it was the first drive after unpluging), but now there are differences. And they don't disappear (at least not on my normal 85km one-way commute). The Wh/km are also significantly different, I don't really know how much energy I use on my drive (one shows 240 Wh/km, vs the other showing 190 Wh/km, which is significant).
The energy app is also going nuts since the upgrade (pretty sure the two are connected). I have the energy app set at 10km average, and my average can jump within seconds from 140 Wh/km to 250 Wh/km.
Other than that - I'm soooooo in love with my car. I've had it for a little less than 3 months, already put over 12k Km on it, and even the regular traffic jams I get into don't bother me much anymore, so long as I'm in my car :love:

90D, titanium, deliver 10/28/2015.

Hi
The German Tesla Forum pages are full of reports (currently 25 pages) regarding those "freak" trip counter values. It seems to affect only certain cars and rumor is, it could be related to cache needing clearing.
Some also speculate it only starts once the speedo goes over 100 kph, but I seriously doubt it. The "current trip" counter is complete none-sense anyways. Similar counters in other cars auto-reset for example after >4 hours "ignition off". That way you can stop to eat, charge, whatever and your "current trip" still counts when you continue your trip.

The counters don't work right. At least on my car they don't appear to account for energy loss while not moving, and then even when moving mileage is 1% higher, thus in total displaying much better efficiency than actually achieved. It seems others have founded it broken in more serious ways to. But I wonder what happens when the car breaks down at 50,000 miles and you're really at 49500 miles. :rolleyes: