Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Build sticker? Does your model s have it?

DOES YOUR MODEL S HAVE A BUILD STICKER UNDER THE DRIVER'S SEAT NEAR THE CONTROLS?

• YES MY MODEL S HAS THIS STICKER

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • NO MY MODEL S DOES NOT HAVE THE STICKER

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I AM LAZY AND DO NOT GIVE A HOOT AND I AM NOT LOOKING EITHER SO THERE....

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Under the driver's side seat, under the controls for the seat, look closely do you have a build sticker?
If so what is on it?
Do all Model S have this sticker?
If not when did this sticker start appearing?
Do brand new Model S recently built in 2016 have this sticker?

I have several stickers on the inside of my liftgate. I doubt I'll look under the seat. Is it worth looking there? Now you have me curious...what do you think is on there that's so interesting?:smile:

Edit: Ah. I just noticed the wiki in your sig. I guess you are collecting data. If so, I will try to help you.

I have several stickers on the inside of my liftgate. I doubt I'll look under the seat. Is it worth looking there? Now you have me curious...what do you think is on there that's so interesting?:smile:

Edit: Ah. I just noticed the wiki in your sig. I guess you are collecting data. If so, I will try to help you.

Correct.... a data collection and knowledge transfer... this all started on a thread where the Original Grey vs the New Grey Model S color was being discussed.
A fellow TMC'er suggested the OP of that thread to look beneath the area of the drivers seat controls...

I would love to have someone show a picture of that area and discuss how hard it is to see the data on the sticker....
The poster did not say one had to remove the seat to see the sticker....

I will post the link to that thread here....->what vin changed grey color

My MS was built mid-September 2015. There is no sticker where you describe under the seat.

After several attempts, this picture is the best I can do with my Point-n-Shoot... Its not good, but better than nothing looking under my front driver seat. You'll note in the center towards the back is a large label with a barcode on a cylindrical unit that I suspect is part of the seat movement; On the right in the upper corner you can see a bit of a barcode on some metal part of the seat which is roughly behind where the seat controls are on the outside, but zero other labels below that where you are suspecting one may be.
IMG_1220.jpg

OK, now I've done my good samaritan thing for the community today -- down on hands and knees with a flashlight, including being startled by my Golden sticking her wet nose in my ear wondering what I was up to. ;)

My MS was built mid-September 2015. There is no sticker where you describe under the seat.

After several attempts, this picture is the best I can do with my Point-n-Shoot... Its not good, but better than nothing looking under my front driver seat. You'll note in the center towards the back is a large label with a barcode on a cylindrical unit that I suspect is part of the seat movement; On the right in the upper corner you can see a bit of a barcode on some metal part of the seat which is roughly behind where the seat controls are on the outside, but zero other labels below that where you are suspecting one may be.

OK, now I've done my good samaritan thing for the community today -- down on hands and knees with a flashlight, including being startled by my Golden sticking her wet nose in my ear wondering what I was up to. ;)
haha! That's not where I thought you said her nose was going to be!

No sticker for me either that I could see.