Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

experience in Capital Region, N.Y.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a bit south of Albany in the Hudson valley area. Expect about a 30% reduction in range in the coldest winter months.

One of the nicest things, though, is that i can warm the car up in my garage without asphyxiating anyone.

As far as longer trips, the northeast is well covered now. They are finally filling in the biggest gaps to the west of us in PA/upstate NY.

280 Wh/mile in summer 390 Wh/mile in winter.
A mix of short and long drive.
Most daily commute of 40 miles round trip with a once a week trip of 280miles

Pretty good in the snow.
From Albany you are pretty much covered any direction you decide to drive (north, south, east, west). Long stretch on I-81 from Syracuse to Canada (if you ever drive on that part of the state).
Gap in the West-South-West part of NY state, bordering PA. There is a Chademo in Ithaca, for Finger lakes trip. Large hole in the Adirondack Park, there is a 80amp HPWC in a resort but is for patrons only.

280 Wh/mile in summer 390 Wh/mile in winter.
A mix of short and long drive.
Most daily commute of 40 miles round trip with a once a week trip of 280miles

Pretty good in the snow.
From Albany you are pretty much covered any direction you decide to drive (north, south, east, west). Long stretch on I-81 from Syracuse to Canada (if you ever drive on that part of the state).
Gap in the West-South-West part of NY state, bordering PA. There is a Chademo in Ithaca, for Finger lakes trip. Large hole in the Adirondack Park, there is a 80amp HPWC in a resort but is for patrons only.

I'm down towards DC but this is pretty close to the numbers I'm seeing, as well. I could probably get the winter Wh/mi down some by dropping the HVAC temperature and relying on the heated seats/wheel but I know that it's not going to affect my day-to-day driving to burn off a few more miles than normal.

Only driven mine in the snow once or twice with the most recent being the Wednesday dusting we got this last week. It handles OK but watch out for the throttle; I'm so used to pulling away from a stop "normally" which is much quicker than my old cars. Light touches, light touches. :p