Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Meet Model X: Exclusive Viewing"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received an email today that a select group of Model X owners and reservation holders have been invited to get hands on with the Model X and speak with product developers in Fremont.

I am not posting the actual email as I don't want to flood Tesla with a bunch of uninvited guests since they most likely will have a capacity constraint

Just an FYI to see who else is going.

That's good news. At least they have ONE good Model X to show, in Fremont. :) I wonder if they're only inviting Bay area folks or a wider group. I'm guessing they're going to start doing this on a regional level to fill up the confirmed order pipeline once they actually start ramping up production in a meaningful way.

"Meet Model X: Exclusive Viewing"

In another thread someone posted that they got an email from Tesla saying the event was already fully booked.
So far everyone who has posted in this thread saying they received an invite is located in the greater SF Bay Area.
I am also located in that area but did not get an invite. I'm not an X owner or reservation holder.

I am an X reservation holder in Orange County and I didn't get invited, but would totally go.
I had a chat with one of the ISRs in Fremont today about this and she suggested that there would be more of these events (but could not definitively say where/when they would have them). I expect they will have them in other locations, inside and outside California in the coming weeks. I saw enough at the reveal to confirm my order but I know some folks need to get more hands-on so I think it will be great when they can get more people's butts in Model X seats. Then the orders will start confirming at a furious pace.

Received email @ 10:31 am PST and confirmed right away since these events do fill up. It will give my wife and son an opportunity to eXperience the X before we receive ours since they didn't go to the reveal...

I received an email today that a select group of Model X owners and reservation holders have been invited to get hands on with the Model X and speak with product developers in Fremont.

I am not posting the actual email as I don't want to flood Tesla with a bunch of uninvited guests since they most likely will have a capacity constraint

Just an FYI to see who else is going.

Won't someone post the email text or screenshot?

Here you go

Model X combines the utility of an SUV with Tesla's standard of safety, all-wheel drive functionality and signature performance. With its distinctive Falcon Wing doors and seat configuration for up to seven people, Model X is designed to be even more practical than a typical SUV in every way.

Tesla invites you to an exclusive viewing of Model X at our Fremont Customer Delivery Center. At this after hours event, you will have the opportunity to speak with product experts and other future owners as you explore the features of Model X.

You are welcome to bring two guests to enjoy the event with you.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Mine looked slightly different. I will go to see X in person in ~4 weeks in Chicago

We are excited to announce that Model X test drives will be available for our current Model X reservation holders from January 30th - March 30th. Our two-month tour across North America will allow people to experience the car's unique combination of performance and utility. Appointments are limited to one per customer, non-transferable, and available on a first come, first served basis. Click on the link below to reserve your appointment time and location. Please note you will need to use the email address attached to your reservation number to confirm your appointment.