Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X P90D Review - Part I (4K)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great video, Marcus. Very well done. Thanks for making it and posting! Makes me even more impatient for delivery :)

I particularly appreciated seeing the FWD open/close speed, which had been extensively debated on multiple threads here. I realize it varies with environmental conditions (obstacles and such), but at least the unobstructed open/close speed you showed seemed more than satisfactory to me.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed your video especially those last 7.5 seconds :scared: You might include the extra deep storage compartment behind the 3rd row seats as part of your part II review. One request is to see just the second row center seat all the way forward including lean with all other seats in their normal position and then have someone with longer legs in the third row. I am curious how well a 7 seater can get maybe halfway to the same legroom as a 6 seater in this configuration for the 3rd row passengers. Thanks for your video review.

Excellent Marcus! It's great to view the Model X in working condition and looking so perfect. You choose your décor selections wisely and have presented your Model X in the video with class and style.

A separate video of passengers optimizing the ease of entry and exit with seat movement details is one area to consider. Once the rear seat persons are seated, the 2nd row and front row passengers must move their seats in such a way as to keep everyone comfortable. That can be a challenge with 7 adults, especially if the driver wants to retain the optimal seat location that is preset on the touchscreen.

Another challenge is the raising of the rear seats and not bending the carpet panels on the back. (Tip: pull the trunk load floor towards the rear.) None of this is fun, so don't worry about making a video about it. Keep your standards high and keep posting the fun and professional videos.

I thought your video was great, Marcus. We can all play back seat driver :), but you're the one getting it done. Nice job, professional. No criticism here. In fact, I watched it through (so many videos, I don't bother, but yours I did - two thumbs up).

Nicely done & I'm looking forward to your next. :) (left you rep)

Thank you for the video- I finally get see the inside and storage areas.

I'm very disappointed in the rear storage area. The third row seats take up a lot of room when folded and create a very 'non-flat' are to carry things. There is no pass-thru and the seats themselves look like they can easily get stained from carrying something in the back. Not sure how I'd even put a bike in there without it flopping around. If the 2nd row was pushed forward for maximum space there would be even more of an uneven floor.

I was really hoping for more of an SUV type vehicle but the storage layout and the Falcon wing doors kill any chance of me buying the X. Alas, I guess I'll have to wait for amore traditional Electric of plug-in model to come along or go back to looking at the S.

Thank you for the video- I finally get see the inside and storage areas.

I'm very disappointed in the rear storage area. The third row seats take up a lot of room when folded and create a very 'non-flat' are to carry things.

When the third row is folded flat & the trunk space cover is placed in the highest position, you have one continuous flat space. Not sure if that was obvious from the video.

No it wasn't - thank you.

I'll wait to see more pics and hopefully one in person at some point.

Here's a photo that might make it more clear:

third row flat.JPG