Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Interest In Tesla Event at Laurel Park?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In anticipation of a new Supercharger to open in Laurel sometime in the next few months, is there any interest in planning a Tesla-driver get together at Laurel Park? I could plan and organize a really cool day of Tesla-themed thoroughbred racing-releated events at the racetrack on a Saturday in July or August. I'd hate to work on this is there is no interest however I think this has the possibility of being a pretty cool event if people are interested.

Thoroughbred racing events? I've no idea what that could entail but you've got me chomping at the bit with excitement and curiosity.
Possibility of vacation plans in those two months but if we're in town it could be an interesting diversion.

If anyone is interested in helping to plan this shoot me an email at [email protected]. I think it could be a cool event. I was thinking about a meet and greet luncheon at the track with maybe a few Tesla-releated vendors present. We could most likely have a race in our honor and have the group of Tesla-owners present the trophy in the winner's circle. Maybe also do a Tesla car show on the Apron of the track for the patrons to show off the cars and just have a good day at the races.

I doubt the track will be able to arrange a 2 year lease unless things have changed recently. I tried to do exactly that last July and Tesla only has a 3 year and had zero flexibility. They however have a related leasing company they refer people to, but the terms were horrific, i.e. if the value of the car at the end of the lease is less than the up front stated value, you have to write a check to them for the difference. That could be many thousands of dollars.