Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMW i3 with electric plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not typically ... good source of EV sales info listed below; we should see February sales in a few days ... I will say I saw I think 2565 EL on an i8 which really shouldn't be as the plate series requires you to sign an affirmation that the car ONLY runs on electric power (for instance, you should never see one on a Chevy Volt). Those i3's without ReX are eligible without a doubt

January 2017 Plug-In Electric Vehicle Sales Report Card

Haven't seen much on this forum (sorry just joined today so haven't gone through old posts) as to the highest EV ('EL' series) spotted but on other EV forums someone saw 5808 on a new Tesla S recently -- I would think that passing the 6000 mark shouldn't be far away, especially once the Model 3 starts rolling in

According to another article (related to the i3 REx recall on the fuel line) on insideevs in early February, a total of 24,741 i3's were sold in the US, with 19,130 being the REx model leaving leaving 5,611 BEV models sold nationwide since its debut.

Joe