Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sapphre V1 Ceramic coating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well its all a personal choice. I have ceramic on mine and I can assure you I am happy. No more swirls in the paint and no hand washing. NOTHING sticks no mine. I just use a foam gun, rinse and hand dry. OptiCoat is awesome too. Its all about if you are a clean nut. I want all my vehicles spotless always I couldn't be happier.

Reactions: Fresh Start Detail
Well its all a personal choice. I have ceramic on mine and I can assure you I am happy. No more swirls in the paint and no hand washing. NOTHING sticks no mine. I just use a foam gun, rinse and hand dry. OptiCoat is awesome too. Its all about if you are a clean nut. I want all my vehicles spotless always I couldn't be happier.
It would be great to have but does it make sense to apply to a lease that I will get rid of in 3 years?

It would be great to have but does it make sense to apply to a lease that I will get rid of in 3 years?

I also have a lease and for that reason I didn't do any paint protection or wrap. I love washing and detailing the car and by the time I return it for the next model it won't likely look as polished as those who used a coating or wrap but I'm okay with that as the extra cost isn't worth it to me.

You will get a LOT of different opinions on this so just go with your gut - there is no right decision.

I also have a lease and for that reason I didn't do any paint protection or wrap. I love washing and detailing the car and by the time I return it for the next model it won't likely look as polished as those who used a coating or wrap but I'm okay with that as the extra cost isn't worth it to me.

You will get a LOT of different opinions on this so just go with your gut - there is no right decision.
That was sort of my thinking.

I'm leasing but still chose to Opticoat Pro Plus the car. The car looks great all the time. I honestly believe there is an ROI on doing it. I can get the car looking excellent without a detail and without wax. I save money by only paying the detailer every eight weeks or so and doing the in between cleanings myself. Again to each his own of course.

I'm leasing but still chose to Opticoat Pro Plus the car. The car looks great all the time. I honestly believe there is an ROI on doing it. I can get the car looking excellent without a detail and without wax. I save money by only paying the detailer every eight weeks or so and doing the in between cleanings myself. Again to each his own of course.
What did you pay for the Opticoat? I'd figure to detail the cost is about $55- $75 each time. So depending on coating costs...

When i first took delivery of my car I had a similar ceramic product applied.
After 3+ months of driving I have seen zero benefit.

This strikes me as very unusual. What precisely was applied and what "benefits" were you seeking? Like all coatings, the preparation of the substrate is critical. Was your car polished and then thoroughly prepped prior to the coating application?