Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.1 Spotify problem, album keep missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a problem, happened twice so far. All saved albums went missing from the saved album list, even when the albums were still ticked as saved. Have to un-save and re-save for them to show up again in the list. Searched online, said this happened to iOS system and got fix after iOS update. Any one have the same problem?

Yes, exact same problem.
I tried re-connecting to Spotify from the app settings and it worked; my albums were back. Unfortunately, if you have your own premium account, you need to retype your user and password each time and that is a pain.

Not sure how it behaves when you don't have your own premium spotify account.
In the car, just go to the controls/parameters of the media player app. In the Spotify box, try playing around with the 'disconnect' and 'restore Tesla account' buttons.
This worked for me, but I am using my own Spotify account there, not Tesla's. And I have to redo this whenever my albums disappear. My playlists and favorites do remain available though, only the albums vanish.

Spotify seems quite buggy at the moment. Better than nothing, but still needs a lot of improvements. Here are the things that don't work well yet (note that I have a paid subscription, not using Tesla's free account):

1. When switching media source using the right scroll wheel to Spotify, nothing happens.
2. When searching using voice commands, nothing happens (have to use the touch screen to go from "now playing" to "browse", then the search results show up.
3. Doesn't synch stations (if you have a paid Spotify subscriptions). But it synchs playlists, artists, and songs nicely.
4. Spotify kicks me out regularly (not every day, but at least once every 2 or 3 days)

Not really bugs, but improvement opportunities, compared to the iphone app:
1. When listening to stations, can't "like" or "dislike" songs to improve the station.
2. Since you can't "like", the playlist "liked from radio" doesn't get updated like it would from the iphone.
3. pressing the "+" sign when playing stations will simply add the song to my songs - I would then have to find it in another app and add it to whatever playlist I chose.

Like I said, better than nothing, but still lot's of possibilities to make the Spotify experience in a Tesla better than it is right now.

Model S 90D, titanium, delivered 10/28/2015.

Got a problem, happened twice so far. All saved albums went missing from the saved album list, even when the albums were still ticked as saved. Have to un-save and re-save for them to show up again in the list. Searched online, said this happened to iOS system and got fix after iOS update. Any one have the same problem?
I went to the App and applied Restore under the Spotify option and all missing songs came back. Easy!