Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Pre Owned Advisors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been looking for a CPO or Inventory Tesla for about a month, missed out on several good deals, and I've seen several postings where the car never hit the Pre owned list. So my question is this, how do I get a Pre Owned Advisor to help me keep an eye out for a CPO or maybe even one of the "unlisted" cars? I've contacted Tesla here in Charlotte several times through email but they don't always respond quickly or even at all.

Also, would a pre owned advisor be able to answer questions about cars that aren't on Tesla's site? for example, I've seen several used cars for sale on other sites that don't have any of the options listed, and the dealers rarely know what options it has either. Is it possible to email the VIN to an advisor and get a list of the options?

Best of luck with that. call the 800 # on the CPO site and ask for the CPO manager for your region. I was told they have designated folks for this. Although working with my local Tesla sales guy he never mentioned it, and the person corporare gave me was in a different city altogether. And corpoate gave me that regional CPO guys name the day I found the car online to buy and was just looking for a bit of additional info, so I never talked to them directly.

I did ask the local center to keep an eye out but didnt hear anything from them. Took it upon myself to watch Hanks site and go in a few times to look at the store computers inventory which has a few of those unlisted cars you mentioned.

I have asked at both our Service center and the Showroom and both times have been told that they only have access to the same information we do on the website. I think someone else here had a different experience. Hank's site is great and I check it often to keep an eye on prices.

I bought my CPO in August 2015. I learned from other TMC members to contact Brent Seavey, he is willing to find MS before it went through the CPO process.
I bought my MS from him and shipped the car from IL to CA.

[FONT=&quot]Brent Seavey | [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Owner Advisor[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1200 Old Skokie Valley Rd | Highland Park, IL 60035
p 847-579-0028 | [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][email protected][/FONT]

I am buying my CPO through Brent. I never sought him out, but simply was routed to him on my first phone call to Tesla. And he gave me a few CPO options that were not even in the website at that time.

Meanwhile you can go to ev-cpo.com for get a concise listing

The advisors have access to all the cars. When I had selected my CPO, I was considering switching to another car. Not only was the advisor able to pull information on other cars, when I expressed interest in one, he pinged it, told me where it was and even sent me pictures.

Thanks a bunch everybody. I'll contact Brent and see if he can help.

I've been looking at ev-cpo.com pretty much everyday (well, multiple times a day, lol). The main reason I was asking was because I once got an email from one of the Charlotte sales people that was referencing a car that I never saw on ev-cpo, also when I did my test drive they were mentioning cars that weren't listed on the preowned site. I'm willing to put in the legwork to find a car, but I'm almost positive they have access to more cars than we can see on the cpo site...
thanks again

I've been looking for a CPO or Inventory Tesla for about a month, missed out on several good deals, and I've seen several postings where the car never hit the Pre owned list. So my question is this, how do I get a Pre Owned Advisor to help me keep an eye out for a CPO or maybe even one of the "unlisted" cars? I've contacted Tesla here in Charlotte several times through email but they don't always respond quickly or even at all.

Also, would a pre owned advisor be able to answer questions about cars that aren't on Tesla's site? for example, I've seen several used cars for sale on other sites that don't have any of the options listed, and the dealers rarely know what options it has either. Is it possible to email the VIN to an advisor and get a list of the options?

I bought my CPO with Earnest in NJ. He was very helpful. Tell him Mr Jedi sent you. Not sure how far south the North East region covers.
Earnest Matt | Pre-Owned Advisor | North East Region
530 Rt. 17 N Paramus, NJ 07652
c [201.398.3291]201.398.3291 |
e [email protected]

There are a lot of SA, but not all of them is willing to pull off the record list for you.
I live 2 miles from Tesla gallery in Brea, CA. The SA is very nice, but when I asked him about off record MS, he said he knows nothing about it.

This is who I was dealing with....

Justin Boordbalash |
Pre-Owned Advisor, Sales Operations
Tesla Buena Park | 6692 Auto Center Drive, Buena Park, CA 90621
W:714.735.5696 ext: 72363 I C: 602.292.1130
[email protected]

Yes, Justin has all the goodies. As does Connor O'Neil at the same Tesla Center. Use the main number and ask for either of them. I learned about two CPOs via them prior to me selecting the one I have. I think that it helped going there multiple times in person too. But from what I have heard their intranet shows them cars that they have purchased, but not yet reconditioned. So there is a period that they know about a car, but it has not been released to the national database.

Technically, there is a danger in selecting one of these. First, for some reason it may not pass all inspections and thus they may decide not to sell it, and second, someone else can sell it until you have your deposit in. I was test driving the one I selected and another Tesla Rep called my rep while we were out driving as a courtesy to see if I was taking it. Otherwise it would have been sold while I was test driving it.

Good luck with your search. Always remember, there will be another one...

Around Christmas time I pinged a local advisor I had taken a test drive with, and he sent me a couple of cars he found that weren't online. These were inventory cars, however since he only dealt with "new" sales (apparently inventory wualified). For CPO he transferred me to another rep. I let her know my price point and when I would be shopping (March time frame).... never heard back from her. I think it is luck of the draw a bit. It also helps if the person is local and you can go in and talk to them and build a RELATIONSHIP of sorts. The first guy I mentioned above is a "car guy" and we spent half the test drive talking about his own modded ride (non Tesla) - he "remembers" me at least a little bit.