Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do they think Model S owners are suckers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You think that's bad? Take a look at what Evannex thinks of Tesla owners.

REAR USB HUB FROM EVANNEX - $49.95
EVANNEX - Tesla Model S Rear Seat Dual USB Port

REAR USB HUB FROM SCOSHE - $24.99
USB Car Charger | Car Charger for USB Devices | 12W | powerHUBâ„¢ | by Scosche

It's literally the exact same product -- Evannex didn't even take scoshe's logo off!

Screenshot from Evannex video:

Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 10.18.36 PM.png

:cursing:

You think that's bad? Take a look at what Evannex thinks of Tesla owners.

REAR USB HUB FROM EVANNEX - $49.95
EVANNEX - Tesla Model S Rear Seat Dual USB Port

REAR USB HUB FROM SCOSHE - $24.99
USB Car Charger | Car Charger for USB Devices | 12W | powerHUBâ„¢ | by Scosche

It's literally the exact same product -- Evannex didn't even take scoshe's logo off!

Screenshot from Evannex video:

View attachment 108494

:cursing:

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed with evannex. I got all excited waiting for my 85D and ended up placing a big order with them: NVX sub, seat covers, caliper covers, center console, and mats. The NVX sub is the only thing I'm happy with. Everything else, upon receiving the product, made me realize I got ripped off. I'm most disappointed with the center console. It's poorly designed (wastes a lot of potential storage space, cup holder gets yanked out of console with even a small starbucks cup), and a bit cheap feeling with fit. Certainly not a $500 product.

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed with evannex. I got all excited waiting for my 85D and ended up placing a big order with them: NVX sub, seat covers, caliper covers, center console, and mats. The NVX sub is the only thing I'm happy with. Everything else, upon receiving the product, made me realize I got ripped off. I'm most disappointed with the center console. It's poorly designed (wastes a lot of potential storage space, cup holder gets yanked out of console with even a small starbucks cup), and a bit cheap feeling with fit. Certainly not a $500 product.

sorry you got screwed. they all get their dues, karma is a b**ch!

- - - Updated - - -

another awesome deal for us Model s owners!

who can live without this for just $1500!!

http://www.panjo.com/buy/genuine-carbon-fiber-nose-cone-190369?index=1

As George Carlin said, if you nail two things together that have never been nailed together before, some schmuck will buy it from you.

I sure hope people see this post/thread and stop buying this junk for such a high price, no matter how much you have to burn. we work hard for our money (donna summers) and I think if you want my money, you better supply me with something that is worth my money.

It appears this product starts with the Tesla nosecone, which is about 1/3 of that price.

People buy about 100-140 thousand BMW 3 series in the U.S. each year. That hood fits 3 years of models, so about 360,000 3 series. Assuming a significant amount of 0.05% of the 3 series population wants such a product, that's 180 hoods. The total number of Model S's ever sold in the U.S. is about 25,000. 0.05% of that is about 12. The fixed overhead is then spread amongst 12 instead of 180. The end price of any accessory or add-on has to deal with that reality.

It appears this product starts with the Tesla nosecone, which is about 1/3 of that price.

People buy about 100-140 thousand BMW 3 series in the U.S. each year. That hood fits 3 years of models, so about 360,000 3 series. Assuming a significant amount of 0.05% of the 3 series population wants such a product, that's 180 hoods. The total number of Model S's ever sold in the U.S. is about 25,000. 0.05% of that is about 12. The fixed overhead is then spread amongst 12 instead of 180. The end price of any accessory or add-on has to deal with that reality.

the manufacturer buys a certain amount of material to make all kinds of shapes for many different cars. they don't just make for tesla model s

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

m3 e46 hood. only 15000 of those cars were made, which is much less than a tesla model s

Vis 01 05 BMW M3 Carbon Fiber Hood E46 | eBay

check out those links.

Last edited:
The problem is that there are far fewer Model S vehicles around than the BMWs you are referencing. Even fewer of those Model S owners are interested or willing to modify their car. When your potential customer base is so small, you have to raise your prices in order to justify even offering any products.

I have considered making and offering some Model S accessories, but IMO the potential is too small at the moment to make it worth the time and money investment.

The problem is that there are far fewer Model S vehicles around than the BMWs you are referencing. Even fewer of those Model S owners are interested or willing to modify their car. When your potential customer base is so small, you have to raise your prices in order to justify even offering any products.

I have considered making and offering some Model S accessories, but IMO the potential is too small at the moment to make it worth the time and money investment.

Every m3 model is limited to 15,000 units. there more model s on the road than there are e46 m3's for example.

I agree. Very disappointing. Though I was unhappy with one product and they refunded me without even asking: the sunglass clip that was so cheap looking that I simply threw it out. I let them know and said to not worry about it because I just want to them to be the best that they can be. It was $8. A big +1 for them. However, I did spring for the exterior carbon appliques for the B pillar and nose cone and they are beautiful. Not cheap at all. But very nicely made (the handle caps look tacky to me, so I skipped them). It was an extravagance. I also got their touchscreen driving gloves, which are great and are quite cheap at $35. Though they stunk of Chinese chemicals to high heaven. But I finally got rid of it.

I just think their prices are way too high for most items.

I get the feeling that most people participating here were never seriously into modifying cars. QUALITY always costs a lot in the automotive aftermarket, and the rule of thumb is that the more a car costs the more aftermarket parts will cost. Go check out the prices on a high end exhaust for say.... any Honda versus that of a Nissan GTR.