Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You might be a Tesla owner if...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Model S M.D.

Ludicrous Radiologist
Oct 31, 2015
TX
Found this thread over on the other forums very entertaining, thought maybe we could start our own here!

YOU MIGHT BE A TESLA OWNER IF…. | Forums | Tesla Motors

I am definitely guilty of:
-Slowing down at a yellow light just to be the first in line at the next green :)
-Warning all passengers in the car before accelerating
-Watching less TV due to addictive forum reading, Youtube watching, etc.
-Excited to return from vacation just to drive your Tesla
-Watched Bjorn's videos of driving around Norway a little too much than we'd care to admit!
-Responding with "I love it" when asked about how you like your Tesla

1. Yes.

2. LoL, no. What's the fun in that?

3. I did that before owning a tesla. Is it just me or does TV simply suck now a days?

4. Haven't gone on vacation since delivery, but probably. Yes.

5. IDK who that is.

6. I've actually taken to telling people that "It's the greatest car ever created by man" when they ask how I like it. I find that garners the best reaction from people.

1. Yes.

2. LoL, no. What's the fun in that?

3. I did that before owning a tesla. Is it just me or does TV simply suck now a days?

4. Haven't gone on vacation since delivery, but probably. Yes.

5. IDK who that is.

6. I've actually taken to telling people that "It's the greatest car ever created by man" when they ask how I like it. I find that garners the best reaction from people.

RE: #6. I usually can't stop talking about the car after being asked about it!

Here are a few more hijacked from that thread:

…You do not know or care what the price of a gallon of gas is.
…You consider the sound of your seatbelt retractor an annoyance.
…You stop for the yellow light to be first in line for the green.
…You tell your passengers in advance when you are going to accelerate.

…You turn on your air conditioner to let the blind person in the crosswalk hear you.
…You introduce/show your cars to others when parking or returning to it
…You enjoy showing people what’s under the hood of your car
…You tell them who makes it and then they ask who makes it

…”Creep” is something your car does only if you want it to
…You mostly use your brake pedal at speeds less than 5 mph
…You keep checking this internet map with red dots, blue dots and traffic cones

…You fill your daughter’s hybrid with gas credits from the grocery store that you will never use
…You leave that same hybrid car “on” when you park it in the garage and exit
…The license plate frame on your daughter’s Prius says “My next car is a Tesla” and you know it’s true.
…You want to reserve some Model 3s now (and have no doubt it will be a good investment)

…When you are planning a long trip, your daughter reminds you that there is “this flying device” that can get you there quicker (& it does NOT even remotely seem like a better option)

…You have this grin on your face….

When you spot another Tesla on the road, you try to catch up to it to 1) Read their license plate (saw one that said "KIK GAS" today)
2) See who it is and
3) "Nod" or wave.

Every time somebody passes by you -- especially when they're trying to show off -- in a big SUV, rather than show off you start laughing (I do) because ... you KNOW they have to stop for gas and pay for their little misdemeanor!

"When you wife tells all your friends that you should work on the sales staff at Tesla..."

You know what NEMA 14-50, 14-30 and J1772 are and you are not an electrician.

You admire Dryer outlets.

If you go to the mall just to grab one of the Tesla Only spots

You go to fill up your wife's SUV, and 1) have only a vague idea where the gas station is, 2) can't believe the incredible inconvenience of having to wait for an opening in the traffic just to cross the road to get to the station, 3) drive up to a broken pump because you've lost your skill of remotely identifying pumps with paper taped over the screen or bags over the pump handles, 4) reel at the gross smell of the gas and the slimy pump handles, 5) feel sick at the cost for a single fillup....

You go to the gallery, store, or service center just to stop by and see how everyone is doing, because they are nice, great to talk to and you secretly hope to come across someone looking for information that the associates cannot discuss at this point.

Last edited:
My only experience so far was test driving a P85D Saturday, but that first one was definitely true. Just before we got back, we were coming upon the last traffic light before the Tesla store, so I slowed down, thinking to myself "Please turn yellow, please turn yellow... YES!"

Just so I could try out Insane mode.

Personal Experience.

Can't seem to remember to lock any of my other vehicles.

It's gonna cost me one of these days. Actually considered turning off auto-lock on the MS just to get me back in the habit of manually locking them.

There is a lot of funny stuff in this thread! Much of it hits very close to home.

Someone probably already said this - You leave rental cars, the family mini van, etc. running when you get out.

FYI - This one made me actually laugh out loud
You know what NEMA 14-50, 14-30 and J1772 are and you are not an electrician.