Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I think my Model S needs glasses...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ovj15nCh.jpg

And in case you were wondering, it was a 3x3 with grilled onions and animal fries.

This new feature seems more of a gimmick than actually useful for driving
We have a winner!
Tesla LOVES gimmicks, actual fixes that improve things... not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

On another Q: what is that 'enhanced' circle with the letter "H" in it above your energy chart?
Hold mode, means the car is holding the brakes for him.

AudubonB, the Circled H indicates that the "hold" brake is on so the driver can let go of the brake pedal even though in Drive mode. I think originally it was and still is very useful for holding the car on hills. I think it was originally called Hill assist or may still be. It's a great feature at stop signs or stop lights since you can let go of the brake pedal and thus less fatigue. It's like having a temporary parking brake and the car won't budge unless you step on either pedal again.

And in case you were wondering, it was a 3x3 with grilled onions and animal fries.
I'll bet that anyone getting into your car today, or possibly over the next week, will take one sniff and say, "mmm, In-N-Out!" Because the smell lingers in the car for days. Don't get me wrong, we both know it's the best, but if I'm getting it to go, I'll order at the counter and then put it in the frunk.

My interpretation is that his driver display is showing him close behind a large truck, but in reality he is behind a normal sized car parked underneath a roof. So the car's firmware is misinterpreting the situation. That is all.
Now that I can see a larger version of the photo, I can see that it is displaying a truck, not an overhang... oh well, they should get points for a "close" guess.

This is strange, I've never seen a 'truck' icon on the dashboard animation. All of them are cars, all identical, no matter what is in front of me.
I actually wondered if it would recognize another Tesla in front of me and show a Tesla icon: no.

The funny error I got was on the I94 in Minneapolis and the speed limit icon was at 85 (it was 55, I can assure you that at no place on 94 in Minneapolis is the speed limit 85.

(Edited for grammar.)