Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sikeston off list for 2016?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well this is disappointing.

The newest iteration of the 2016 SC map looks like it has Cape Girardeau rather than Sikeston. That would mean no way to dive directly from Memphis to Effingham Illinois. That means a significant detour (or charging at an RV park) to get to Chicago without going up 57.

Sikeston would have been in easy reach from Memphis, and being at the intersection of 55 and 57 you could continue to St Louis or Effingham.

Sikeston also works pretty well between Nashville and St Louis or Effingham (small detour over the Mississippi on 51 gets you from Paducah to 57, then to Sikeston and north on 55 to St. Louis. About the same distance between Paducah and St. Louis as going up 24 to catch 57 farther north.

I agree not the best place, but could still go through Sikeston to Cape Giradeau then take 146 over to 127 to I57. Not interstates, but wouldnt need a charge between Cap Giradeau and Effingham. I still dont understand the selection Sikeston seems the obvious location with the intersection of I55 and I57.