Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where do you take your Tesla for tire service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I usually use Discount Tire. However, best practice is to have a second set of wheels and re ^ re the wheel and tire assembly yourself. Otherwise, it will cost about $100 when the tire shop ruins your lug nuts. The Tesla lug nuts have an easily damaged cap, which won't stand up to impact wrenches.

America's Tire... and buy their Certificates for Repair, Refund or Replacement if you have the "fragile" super expensive Continental P245/35-21 XLContiSportContact5 tires which cost $412 EACH before tax & installation. Their Certificates only cost $57.75 per tire ($231.00 for all 4) which paid off the first tire that died from a sidewall puncture at 8,000 miles. http://www.americastire.com/dtcs/brochure/tire/certificate.jsp

Really cool thing is they'll sell you the certificates for the tires that came with your Tesla! I drove my Tesla P85D directly from the Tesla Delivery Center to America's Tire and bought them, knowing at least one tire would die... and $231 vs. $412 + taxes + installation is a no brainer from my years of driving cars with expensive tires (off road Jeeps and Corvettes). Corvette Z06 tires were the worst: $450 for front tires and $550 rears... and the rears usually only lasted 12,000 miles if you drove conservatively. OUCH.

YMMV

I've been taking my Roadster to Tires Plus in Florida. Remember, in the end it's just a car:cool:
Yeah it's a car but it doesn't mean I want to treat it like any other car!

- - - Updated - - -

If you need winter tires, Discount Tire carries the Nokia Hakka R2 that I strongly recommend, and will match on-line prices. In addition, they can get the Tesla TPMS at competitive prices is you need them.
I'm over my local Discount Tire. They're all franchises so you don't get he same service everywhere. Someone in TMC mentioned a Firestone somewhere in Denver and I was hoping he would respond to this post and let us know which Firestone and his experience.

- - - Updated - - -

I usually use Discount Tire. However, best practice is to have a second set of wheels and re ^ re the wheel and tire assembly yourself. Otherwise, it will cost about $100 when the tire shop ruins your lug nuts. The Tesla lug nuts have an easily damaged cap, which won't stand up to impact wrenches.
Can you explain what "re ^ re" means? So Discount Tire where you are doesn't use impact wrenches? What do they use?

Can you explain what "re ^ re" means? So Discount Tire where you are doesn't use impact wrenches? What do they use?

That was supposed to be an & not a ^. Re & Re = remove and replace.
The problem is Discount Tire uses impact wrenches (to be fair, they do the final tightening with a torque wrench, but that doesn't help the already damaged lug nuts).

I just had mine in to replace a tire at Discount Tire in Arvada today. I had a tire destroyed by a pothole several months ago, Discount replaced it free of charge since I bought the insurance. Yesterday I had the tires rotated, and they caught a very subtle bubble in the rear tire probably caused by the same pothole. They replaced it today, again for free. They know how to lift the car; the know about setting the ride height. Unfortunately they think the inflation pressure should be 42 lbs, even though Tesla has changed that to 45. And the TPMS reports the pressure 3psi lower than their inflation machines (something about absolute vs relative pressure), so I have to remind them to set 48psi but they never do so we always go back to correct that.

I did buy those tires at Kuni Lexus as they price matched Costco also. But I don't think I had to buy them there, just have to pay them for the mount and balance, and I make sure they know the correct torque and 22mm wrench size, I haven't found any fire place that gets the inflation correct on any of our cars. Seems simple, but isn't.

Reactions: 2krazykats