Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Facebook Tesla Owners Group UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for resurrecting a 5 year old thread :)

I tried to join the Tesla Owners Group last Thursday. I've been following them on twitter and occasionally notice in time that they're doing a live stream, I've joined two (late) so far, 1 with FSD Beta testers and the other with Octopus. Upshot is I thought I'd join the group so that I can get notification of these upcoming events in advance.

I am now a member but am still waiting for access to the FB group. Have supplied my vin etc. Does anyone know how long the request to join a group usually takes? I've tried emailing members@ and tweeting but getting no response.

One thing that may be complicating approval is that I created my first ever FB account for the sole reason of viewing the group. I've anonymised my profile as much as possible and have all the privacy settings that I could find on maximum. I really don't understand FB so wondered if I've gone too severe with the privacy or if accepting new members is just a little tardy?

Figured some of you will be members of TMC and TOG UK so grateful for any help you can offer.

• Funny
Reactions: CMc1
I think they do them in batches @Medved_77 - when did you request it? I'm happy to post it in the management / feedback section and ask if you'd like?
Thanks Dave - I had no idea they did it in batches. So they batch process allowing users to join a discussion group? I already have an (unpaid for now) membership number.

My FB name is `Medved SeventySeven` if you could be so kind.

The UK Tesla Owners Group on Facebook has around 500 members, maybe a fifth to a quarter of its potential membership. It's very active, with lots of good, up-to-date information and discussion. Membership of the group is open to anyone owning a Tesla or having one on order. If you're interested, check out Facebook Groups
Although I am a member there, I suspect you are foregoing a significant portion of the potential member pool due to it being a Facebook hosted group. Many, myself included, abhor Facebook. I joined facebook because for certain things it seems a necessary evil, but I very seldom log into the service. For this reason, even though I am a member of the TOGUK, I don’t really derive much benefit.

Thanks Dave - I had no idea they did it in batches. So they batch process allowing users to join a discussion group? I already have an (unpaid for now) membership number.

My FB name is `Medved SeventySeven` if you could be so kind.

Yeah, they actually check if the car is legit against the VIN etc.. so takes a little while is my understanding, there's normally 50+ members joining at a time.

I'll post for you and let you know :)

• Helpful
Reactions: Medved_77
Although I am a member there, I suspect you are foregoing a significant portion of the potential member pool due to it being a Facebook hosted group. Many, myself included, abhor Facebook. I joined facebook because for certain things it seems a necessary evil, but I very seldom log into the service. For this reason, even though I am a member of the TOGUK, I don’t really derive much benefit.
That poor OP waited just short of 5 years for your reply :)

Yes, I'm one of those people who steers clear of Facebook ... despite the fact that that particular group may well be full of relevant stuff.

I wouldn't be concerned about your FB settings or profile. I also hate FB and only use it for a couple of Tesla-related groups as it can be useful at times.
I actually had someone on one group (not TOGUK) say I was 'suspicious' just because I didn't have all my personal information and friends listed in my profile! I left that group.
I think having to supply your VIN is a good thing. There are other Tesla related FB groups where anyone can join and they tend to attract trolls and pointless content.

Yes, I'm one of those people who steers clear of Facebook ... despite the fact that that particular group may well be full of relevant stuff.

I'm another that has studiously avoided Facebook. Given their demonstrated poor behaviour, and near-complete disregard for personal privacy, I'm rather clad I made this decision, years ago, when something about their business model seemed a bit off.

I joined the owners club as a supporter but to be honest, they've been hopeless.

My account doesnt work right, I didn't get any stuff from them, I had to ask four times to get added to the FB group and they keep emailing me to get me to sign up as a supporter.

No one replies.

I stopped following TOGUK as there are a few dominant moaners that keep banging on. Especially Model S "battery gate" activists that just keep on and on. I hope you have a more positive experience.
Thanks! I really just want to access their upcoming events schedule. I can't seem to find the discussions which they host on YouTube advertised publicly.

I joined the owners club as a supporter but to be honest, they've been hopeless.

My account doesnt work right, I didn't get any stuff from them, I had to ask four times to get added to the FB group and they keep emailing me to get me to sign up as a supporter.

No one replies.
That's a shame. I'm fully prepared to contribute an annual fee to be a member but I thought I'd wait and see what the discussion groups were like first.

I joined the Tesla’s Owners and Model 3 Owners on FB. To echo what was alluded to above, there were a few toxic people in the general Tesla Owners Group on FB that made it a bit unpleasant. The Model 3 group was good, but posts there are often quite repetitive because new M3 owners/members are always asking the same questions (probably because there is no easy way to view or search old posts on Facebook).

Reactions: CMc1