Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

forum software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsm363

Roadster + Sig Model S
May 17, 2009
Nevada
What software does this forum run on (is it something that is sold or is it custom)? I thought about suggesting it to the web team at Tesla. They are obviously struggling with removing spam manually (or not putting much effort into it) and their forum is very difficult to use compared to here. Thanks.

I think I found it, is it vBulletin? Feel free to delete this thread if you want and that's the correct software. Thanks.

Last edited:
Yes, vBulletin. I suggested it to Danny (the creator of the forum) way back in the early days (~2006). I had gotten familiar with it from time I had previously frequented my.IS - Lexus IS Forum It is popular forum software used by a lot of major discussion sites. There was a time when MPT was trying out some more "content rich" software and when "Planet Tesla" and "TeslaMotorsClub" hadn't merged, but the fairly straightforward, somewhat simple UI of vBulletin seems to work well enough for this sort of thing.