Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X on Ebay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hill

high fiber member
Apr 21, 2015
either MT or TN
Only one week after delivery - someone's trying to turn a profit. Would you spend big money for a new car only to turn around and try to make a few bucks on a used car sale?

Tesla Model X | eBay

I've seen confirmation as short as 10 days. You'd really have to be hard up to not wait for manufacturing on an X with all the options, and be willing to pay an extra $30kfor the privilege.

The ad says the seller is going to try to pocket the Fed tax credit. I smell Karma coming their way.

Last edited:
The ad says the seller is going to try to pocket the Fed tax credit. I smell Karma coming their way.

Yup - didn't somebody point out on another thread that you need to keep the car for a year to keep the credit?

Also, the beauty of Teslas is that they're custom-made to your specs - kind of ridiculous to pay a $50k (!) premium to get it made to somebody else's design choices.

Plug-In Electric Drive Vehicle Credit (IRC 30D)

The vehicles must be acquired for use or lease and not for resale. Additionally, the original use of the vehicle must commence with the taxpayer and the vehicle must be used predominantly in the United States. For purposes of the 30D credit, a vehicle is not considered acquired prior to the time when title to the vehicle passes to the taxpayer under state law.

Person waited 3 years without $40k and no interest. And it's a good deal for those without reservation. Genius move.
Agree. The guy paid $144,200 plus tax (nearly $10K in Texas, I believe). So $154K, maybe he gets the $7500 back in Federal taxes, so $146,700 net. He asked for $170K (which would have been about $23K net profit after fees), accepted best offer of an unknown amount. He previously had it listed for $150K opening bid and had two bids on it (had not met reserve) before he cancelled the auction saying there was an error in the listing, then reposted it for $170K. I hope he got at least $160K as that would be $13K of profit for the $40K interest free loan he gave Tesla to hold a Signature Model X for him. And some lucky buyer gets to swoop in and take it home with no waiting for what... a 10% or 15% premium? Win, win.

As a Model X buyer, I'm thrilled to see there's high demand for the car. I'd be even happier if he had gotten $200K for it. :) This guy apparently got $175K and it wasn't up there for more than a couple of days:

Tesla Model X | eBay

-CB

Agree. The guy paid $144,200 plus tax (nearly $10K in Texas, I believe). So $154K, maybe he gets the $7500 back in Federal taxes, so $146,700 net. He asked for $170K (which would have been about $23K net profit after fees), accepted best offer of an unknown amount. He previously had it listed for $150K opening bid and had two bids on it (had not met reserve) before he cancelled the auction saying there was an error in the listing, then reposted it for $170K. I hope he got at least $160K as that would be $13K of profit for the $40K interest free loan he gave Tesla to hold a Signature Model X for him. And some lucky buyer gets to swoop in and take it home with no waiting for what... a 10% or 15% premium? Win, win.

As a Model X buyer, I'm thrilled to see there's high demand for the car. I'd be even happier if he had gotten $200K for it. :) This guy apparently got $175K and it wasn't up there for more than a couple of days:

Tesla Model X | eBay

-CB

I think it is less than $23K after ebay and paypal fees. More like $20K. The seller should get the sale tax back which i think is buyer's responsibility. So that might cover the fees from selling. But yeah worst case 50% increase in the 40K put down 3 years ago. Or around 15% or so APR interest which is unheard as of now.

Let's hope this guy pays his captial gain tax on the $20K. So all in all i think this person probably made out at least around $13K or if they follow all the tax rules. But then again from 2013 to 2014 the stock market went up probably more than 50% cumulatively if invested wisely. 2015 was a dud. So i dont know which is a better investment for the $40K.

Yeah, the lack of pics is lame but I does have a valid VIN for whatever that's worth. Will the rightful over of 5YJXCBE48GFS00102 in Signature Red please stand up?

Also something else is off here too. Ad claims the reservation # was 102 but Bradleybang had the 102 reservation number and now delivered with a different VIN.

Model X Tally - Page 16

If signature #139 was on 6/21 and my sig #102 was 3/22. That makes 12 X sigs per month prior to S release. Will be interested to see if this changes.

Sig X Vin110 delivered 1/13/16 - Page 2