Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 P85D inventory car will have the P85+ suspension and wheels - right?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't assume too much about "inv" cars. I purchased a P85 as an "inv" car. It was built in Oct 2014 and at that time the HPWC was a $1200 option on the car. The original Monroney sticker that I am told was the "build" sticker showed a $1200 HPWC option was part of the car's price. At delivery there was no HPWC included and Tesla's response was "that is no longer available as an option and can only be purchased as an accessory." Another discrepancy between that original Monroney and the MVPA was the base price of the car. It had been increased by $4000.

P85+ spring and damping rates are specific to part# 6006351 04 A
Early P85D uses air spring (spring/damping) of part# 1030608 01 A
Early P85D is firmer, as talked about, but not exactly the P85+. A separate part number likely means some variation in spring/damping. That said, new part numbers can come with any change (fastener location, color..).

Last edited:
P85+ spring and damping rates are specific to part# 6006351 04 A
Early P85D uses air spring (spring/damping) of part# 1030608 01 A
Early P85D is firmer, as talked about, but not exactly the P85+. A separate part number likely means some variation in spring/damping. That said, new part numbers can come with any change (fastener location, color..).

I have pics of both front and rear shocks on my Dec 2014 P85D, which would be the stiffer ones.
My front pic below matches your part# 1030608 01 A
Front Driver Shock.JPG

But my rear pic below shows different numbers and none match what I've seen discussed in threads before... :-(
It looks as if my part would be #150660252 for the stiff rear shock?
According to my SC, the rear shocks were changed in August 2015 before I took delivery of the car as a CPO, so I'm not even sure if those are the same parts as what was on the car originally in Dec 2014 when it was built!
Rear Driver Shock.JPG

Ok, for rear early P85D you should be looking for 6006353-07-A (matches 1030608-01-A, frt). Parts list shows the later unit, covering all Model S D's was 6006353-06-C. The manual goes lengths to identify the correct pairings, splitting their production on 4/30/15. Rear air units would probably have part numbers similarly taped to the upper housing, and not strictly on the damper. It looks like Continental went to Bilstein, and the numbers you show would be the ingredients to a whole air spring unit. So, look above the shock for that label.

Ok, for rear early P85D you should be looking for 6006353-07-A (matches 1030608-01-A, frt). Parts list shows the later unit, covering all Model S D's was 6006353-06-C. The manual goes lengths to identify the correct pairings, splitting their production on 4/30/15. Rear air units would probably have part numbers similarly taped to the upper housing, and not strictly on the damper. It looks like Continental went to Bilstein, and the numbers you show would be the ingredients to a whole air spring unit. So, look above the shock for that label.

Cool. Thanks for the numbers and on the suggestion for where to find them!
I'll see what I can do with the wheels on but might have to wait until spring when I switch them over to summer to actually be able to check it out.