Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Lawrence service experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Always had good experience in person but noticed on several occasions that they are very poor on returning phone calls.

Examples

Call 1 800 who say dealership will call me
Leave voicemail at dealer
Speak to service tech at dealer who says they will investigate and call within a day
Email service tech

All of the above they never called back...in some cases multiple instances of each

Scratching my head at this...

I've had the same or worse treatment recently at Tranmere. I think they are getting too busy for the quantity of staff and size of their facilities. This is partially good news caused by more sales locally but partially negative news caused by the amount of service issues they need to deal with due to quality issues.

Tesla needs to address both issues.

I can echo the same experience. Great in person and great in an emergency but not so much on scheduled service.

My power steering light came on and Tesla deemed the it worthy of a tow. It was taken to Lawrence and service was great. I get the car back and Tesla issues that recall notice for seat belts. I email to schedule an appointment with no reply. Weeks later I am supercharging and try to make an appointment. They check it on the spot within 5 minutes.

We ordered a center console and my wife phoned multiple times and left messaged to see if the console came in and no one would return her call. I finally called (twice as the first time they sent me to voicemail) and found out that yes it was in.

Another small pet peeve is I have gone multiple times on Saturdays for small things like buying the weathertech mats and they seem to be never open on time (8am) I end up waiting outside for 15-20mins

I am thinking that the forthcoming Oakville store / service center will ease the burden on Tranmere / replace Tranmere all together...bigger facility / more staff / etc...

I've had the same or worse treatment recently at Tranmere. I think they are getting too busy for the quantity of staff and size of their facilities. This is partially good news caused by more sales locally but partially negative news caused by the amount of service issues they need to deal with due to quality issues.

Tesla needs to address both issues.

We've had two (of two) tremendously positive service experiences (that I have outlined elsewhere here).
Can't say enough about Tesla service, Tranmere and Lawrence, very very happy with both.

But yes, when they are busy, don't expect a call back. Email and patience works best for non-emergency situations.