Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Tesla Wave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've read various comments in this forum about extending the courtesy of a wave if you see another Tesla owner on the road. Many have stated its happening less and less.

I am glad to say that while driving home last night from downtown Orlando on I-4, a Blue (stunning) Model S caught up to me in the next lane and the woman driving it waved with a big smile and of course I returned the courtesy. I had a good day at work and it ended up with a great drive home and a wave. It kept me smiling all the way home. If you see a white Model S on I-4, don't forget to wave because I certainly will.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Reactions: Ormond
Sigh. Living so far north, it's dark here by 5pm at this time of year, such that while I am more frequently seeing Teslas when driving home from work, it's usually so dark I can't see the other person inside the Tesla anyway. Had one pass me on the freeway today, going just a couple of MPH faster than I was so he slowly crept by in the adjacent lane. I looked over and waved, but he had his eyes fixed on the road and never saw me. Probably safer that way I suppose.

Sigh. Living so far north, it's dark here by 5pm at this time of year, such that while I am more frequently seeing Teslas when driving home from work, it's usually so dark I can't see the other person inside the Tesla anyway. Had one pass me on the freeway today, going just a couple of MPH faster than I was so he slowly crept by in the adjacent lane. I looked over and waved, but he had his eyes fixed on the road and never saw me. Probably safer that way I suppose.

Hi Glen,

Some Teslas flash their lights as an acknowledgement.

Here in Florida most of us add tinting to our windows. I deliberately ordered a high performance, but a light tint so people can see me and so I can wave to fellow Teslas. After all this is my 15 minutes of fame and I don't want anyone to miss it. :redface:

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Great video! I have to remember the nod next time. [emoji16]

Hi Gary,

By the way, if you are interested in joining a Florida Tesla club, please click on the link in my signature to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts.

Larry

Reactions: Ormond
Hi Gary,

By the way, if you are interested in joining a Florida Tesla club, please click on the link in my signature to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts.

Larry[/QUOTE]

Larry - Just sent you my information. Thanks for the reminder. I meant to do this last month.

Thanks,

Gary

Hey Larry, I saw your car at First Impression when I went to pick mine up last week. E-wave!

Hi Rick,

E-wave back atcha.

Pete does great work and he's just a few miles from my house.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Gary,

Larry

Larry - Just sent you my information. Thanks for the reminder. I meant to do this last month.

Thanks,

Gary

Hi Gary,

Thanks I've received your information and I will be providing some club materials shortly.

Larry

Last edited:
Hi Glen,

Some Teslas flash their lights as an acknowledgement.

Here in Florida most of us add tinting to our windows. I deliberately ordered a high performance, but a light tint so people can see me and so I can wave to fellow Teslas. After all this is my 15 minutes of fame and I don't want anyone to miss it. :redface:

At my daughter's school here in South FL...so many parents have Tesla's...sadly, I don't think I'm going to get too much love.