Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Lexus GS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Possible Model S competition for those not 100% committed to 100% electric...

2013 Lexus GS
hero_date.png
gs_hero.jpg

Lexus Considering GS 350 Coupe

Based on LF-Gh concept I gather.
Lexus-LF-Gh-concept-front Photo, image of Lexus-LF-Gh-concept-front on August 4, 2011 #66101 from Rumor Central
Lexus-LF-Gh-concept-front-1024x640.jpg

Lexus-LF-Gh-concept-rear-1024x640.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Possible Model S competition for those not 100% committed to 100% electric...

Two problems with that, at least in my opinion. #1: Sorry, no dice on the ICE. #2: On looks alone, I would pass on this particular generation of the GS even if they got serious and dumped the ICE.

I am guessing Model S reservation holders, on this forum at least, are already 100% committed to 100% electric. Otherwise we'd be driving a similarly good looking car such as a Jaguar XF already. And then on the other hand, we're here waiting for the Model S because of the whole package it offers, not the least of which is amazingly good looks.

I see the GS-h as competition for the Infiniti M35h, not the Model S.

I don't think anyone on this forum would 'defect' to the GS, even if there is a hybrid.
More likely someone who might normally consider a GS could get swayed over to the Model S.

I think Lexus is continuing with the 450h GS[ (hybrid) for 2013.

I have a 2007 450h GS...best vehicle that I've owned prior to the Roadster!

After driving electric, I'd still rather have a Model S though...

I don't think anyone on this forum would 'defect' to the GS, even if there is a hybrid.
More likely someone who might normally consider a GS could get swayed over to the Model S.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see the Model S "thinning the Lexus hybrid herd" a little...

TM has already stated that it is aiming at the BMW / Audi / Lexus / Mercedes markets.

A Chrysler 300? ...do you really need a car with a helicopter pad? :wink::biggrin:

I'd buy a Chrysler 300 before buying that ugly thing. No, I think the Audi A7 and possibly the Porsche Panamera would be the ICE cars to beat.

Also, keep in mind that Lexus is a Toyota brand, so Toyota may lose some customers to Model S.
I guess, indirectly, they stand to make money either way.

I also own a 2007 GS 450 H and feel that it is the best car I have owned. I haven't yet taken delivery of my new Roadster yet so hopefully that will change soon :) . I will very likely trade my 2007 GS450H for a Model S next year or early 2013. I am very excited for the Model S but it won't be so easy walking away from my GS.

While researching my Roadster purchase I was told by two different Tesla stores that it is possible for Tesla to arrange for a trade in. Tesla would bring in another car dealer that would determine the trade in value and I presume take possession of your trade in. Tesla would deduct the trade value from your purchase price. I suppose this might not be an option in every location?

While researching my Roadster purchase I was told by two different Tesla stores that it is possible for Tesla to arrange for a trade in. Tesla would bring in another car dealer that would determine the trade in value and I presume take possession of your trade in. Tesla would deduct the trade value from your purchase price. I suppose this might not be an option in every location?

That would really be awesome if true. The tax advantage of a trade in is big -- to be able to avoid paying sales tax on the value of a trade in (in my case, about $20k) can be significant savings, depending on a state's sales tax.

I hear you Warren...as great as the GS 45oh is to drive, the Roadster will make short work of your conversion to electric driving...I thought I'd miss the luxury performance ride of the 450h compared to the performance ride of the Roadster...I didn't miss it very long :wink:

My only complaint about the 450h was that is was a lousy ride in the winter...even with snow tires, lousy!
Funny, the Roadster with it's battery weight over the rear and its great TC is a much better performer in the snow...I'd never have thought this before actually driving the Roadster in winter conditions!

Hope you get your Roadster soon!

I also own a 2007 GS 450 H and feel that it is the best car I have owned. I haven't yet taken delivery of my new Roadster yet so hopefully that will change soon :) . I will very likely trade my 2007 GS450H for a Model S next year or early 2013. I am very excited for the Model S but it won't be so easy walking away from my GS.