Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FWD Operation in Uphill/Downhill Conditions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have any owners tried opening/closing their falcon wing doors while parked uphill or downhill yet? Curious about how the doors would handle it. Surely with all those taking delivery in northern California, this use-case must have been encountered already.

I've parked on slight inclines and declines that were level and were also tilted and all the doors had no problems. Also the front doors have quite a bit of resistance and stayed open easily in all the conditions. It's not so much resistance that it makes them hard to open or close manually, but it enough to keep them from moving, which is very nice on a slope or hill! The auto present feature has not been affected by the inclines or declines I've been on so far.

I'll eventually make it over to Seattle where we have some very steep hills, so if the doors do well there, the should do well anywhere!

I've parked on slight inclines and declines that were level and were also tilted and all the doors had no problems. Also the front doors have quite a bit of resistance and stayed open easily in all the conditions. It's not so much resistance that it makes them hard to open or close manually, but it enough to keep them from moving, which is very nice on a slope or hill! The auto present feature has not been affected by the inclines or declines I've been on so far.

I'll eventually make it over to Seattle where we have some very steep hills, so if the doors do well there, the should do well anywhere!

Sounds reassuring! Occurred to me that on an inclined driveway for example, repeated opening/closing of the FWD could cause significant torque on both hinges. Wondered about calibration/interference issues down the road. I'm sure Tesla engineered it with these use-cases in mind, just getting a little nervous with some of the issues being reported.