Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sacramento Owners - Wed, Jan 13th, 2016 - Be part of Racing Extinction projection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
Just talked to Leilani. Tonight the Racing Extinction team (and Tesla 006, the amazing projection car) will be blasting Sacramento with images. I'd love to see a whole team of Teslas representing. I know it's short notice, but hey! I'll be there in my white Roadster. Hope you can make it, too. (Reply in thread if you think you can show - no pm's, please.)

Here's the rough schedule:

Starting at 6pm in this order: Projections in Sacramento at: Sleep Train Arena, Sacramento Bee building, State Capitol, Amtrak station, Old Sacramento State Historic Park, Tower Bridge, and the Ziggurat.

It should be pretty amazing.

racing ext project.jpeg

Just talked to Leilani. Tonight the Racing Extinction team (and Tesla 006, the amazing projection car) will be blasting Sacramento with images. I'd love to see a whole team of Teslas representing. I know it's short notice, but hey! I'll be there in my white Roadster. Hope you can make it, too. (Reply in thread if you think you can show - no pm's, please.)

Here's the rough schedule:

Starting at 6pm in this order: Projections in Sacramento at: Sleep Train Arena, Sacramento Bee building, State Capitol, Amtrak station, Old Sacramento State Historic Park, Tower Bridge, and the Ziggurat.

It should be pretty amazing.

View attachment 107829

Damn, a bit more notice and I'd have flown up to be part of the fun.

The car "lives" in the Bay Area. I did a bunch of work on it, including the power system that lets the massive 4K Christie projector be powered from the 85kWh pack. The back glass has been removed from the hatch and the projector pops out on a motorized gimbal controllable from in the car.

Here's a pic when we were working on the power system in my shop:
tesla-projector.jpg

Some fans found Leilani in Old Town Sac.
IMG_1362.JPG

Paint on this car was amazing - could do all sorts of patterns. When off, just looked like normal gray paint.
IMG_1368.JPG

Projection distance was pretty amazing - I told my son on the way down that it 'has to be magic & trickery!' and it was. Magic and trickery of the tech kind.
006.jpg

Two very cold women.
w leilani old sac.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1381.JPG
    IMG_1381.JPG
    967.9 KB · Views: 62