Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Our Goal is to Completely Eliminate the Gas Station"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, it's not an electric car company. It's a mobile refueling service that my office complex has just contracted with. I saw the big purple truck in the parking lot and chatted the guy up. He said, "Everyone I talk to hates the gas station. We're starting with office parks but before too long we hope to have most everyone with a car calling us to refuel at home rather than bother with the gas station."

Refueling at home and avoiding the hassle of gas stations? If only I could figure out a way to achieve that with my Tesla. Oh, wait...

(He was a nice guy just working to put food on the table so I kept my EV opinions to myself.)

Their price per gallon is claimed to be within a few cents per gallon of the local gas stations, so it's quite likely I'll give them a try on those days I'm forced to drive our ICE vehicle.

(I've somehow messed up the pictures by posting two copies, one of them obnoxiously large. Sorry.)

Attachments

• Booster Fuels.JPG
    Booster Fuels.JPG
    859.4 KB · Views: 216
  • Booster Fuels.JPG
    Booster Fuels.JPG
    235.1 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Actually sounds like a decent business plan verses a regular gas station.

No fixed location or lease, can probably pick the load up at a local distribution point so doesn't have to pay delivery charges. Fixed work hours, doesn't have to staff for 24/7, etc.

No fixed location or lease, can probably pick the load up at a local distribution point so doesn't have to pay delivery charges. Fixed work hours, doesn't have to staff for 24/7, etc.

"In other news politicians in New Jersey, Oregon and other states said that they would ban vehicle gasoline delivery services due to safety concerns, and thanked gas station owners for the generous donations to their election funds."

It's an interesting idea.

My main concern would be being held up in a parking lot waiting for a delivery truck to finish. :p
There's also safety, but I think overall refilling cars with engines that have cooled down is probably safer.

What about a mobile supercharger for those EV emergencies? May make owning an EV more palatable to the public. How about a Powerwall on the back of a truck! :biggrin:

AAA in 2011:

RALEIGH, N.C., – 7/18/2011

To help address range anxiety, the nation’s largest motor club will be first in North America to provide Level 2 and Level 3 mobile charging services to members with electric vehicles...

:biggrin:

My gas door is opened from inside the car. I'd have to be there or give the delivery person my key...
...or just leave the gas port door open when leaving your car on Fillup Day...

• Helpful
Reactions: GoTslaGo

Seems rube goldbergish... how about just to the moral thing... kick the fool fuel habit, drive electric and get your employer to install an EVSE. Same fuel at work convenience without the terrible AGW after-taste.