Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So many people buying powerball tickets...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...I had to park at a gas pump to get one myself!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 202
Id buy a ticket but I'm not a lucky person.
In fact I'd probably not even get 1 number correct :)

Edit: I meant lucky as in winning something, I feel extremely blessed to be living the life I do, it definitely could be worse.

The lottery is a tax on the mathematically challenged.
This is true. Disproportionally lower income people buy lottery tickets.

I must note however there was a Berkeley mathematician who bought a lottery ticket to prove how bad the odds are of winning a lottery ticket, and he won $22 million.

Not really.

It has a unique Risk/Reward ratio. Where else can you win so much with so little investment?

It sort of is. Because as S'toon points out (which is true, btw):

This is true. Disproportionally lower income people buy lottery tickets.

In addition the lower income population will spend more money (i.e. if I get 20 tickets I have a higher chance of winning the lotto!). While mathematically that's true that if you have 20 tickets you'll have a higher probability of winning the lotto than if you only bought 1 ticket, realistically they both approach 0.

Both chances are slim to none, so why invest $20? $50? $100? etc.

An duntil the numbers are drawn you get the benefit of dreaming you might win and become rich. I guess THAT is the main benefit.

No argument about that.

If I invest 550M and buy every possible combination, I'd be guaranteed a win and would double my money on today's jackpot. Unless more than one winner.....in which case, I'd be bankrupt. Still......

$584+M to be a little more exact. But you're forgetting about taxes.

With every combination, you'd also win the $1M prize 25 times, as well as each prize below it multiple times.

Last edited:
Number 1 priority, before even claiming the prize, would be find some place else to live. Somewhere where no one knows me. There's that people you don't even know hounding you for money.

I'd probably take the entire 6 months you have to claim winnings. Got to have the plans in place beforehand.

Last edited:
I caved to peer pressure & bought a whooping $10 worth, 2nd time buying lotto tickets in the last 15 years.

1. Hire security detail for wife & kids
2. Move into a ritzy hotel
3. Team of Lawyers & Accountants :mad:.
4. Keep a low profile for as long as possable.