Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production Model X Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a call from my DS. She said that my car is currently in painting process. My soft delivery date is mid Feb. The car will usually arrive to my local SC (Costa Mesa) 1-2 weeks prior to delivery date.

Reservation Seq#: 109X
VIN: 14X
Order Confirmed: 12/1/2015
P90DL, MC Red, Tan 7 seats, Light Headliner
Deliver location: Costa Mesa, CA

Happy Waiting...:rolleyes:

I just got a call from my DS. She said that my car is currently in painting process. My soft delivery date is mid Feb. The car will usually arrive to my local SC (Costa Mesa) 1-2 weeks prior to delivery date.

Congrats! Crazy. I just got my first call from my DS introducing herself. I am Res Sequence 124, Production VIN 14x as well! Confirmed 12/1/15. My DS just said that my car has entered production.

P90DL, black metallic, black leather seats, 7 seats, every option except cold weather package.

Nice, we are in the same Tesla Dealer in Costa Mesa! But my is still in lala land waiting to be build i think. I am so jealous of you and congras!

Can someone who took delivery of an MS at their service center chime in here? The interesting thing to me is that the vehicle will arrive 1-2 weeks prior to the delivery date. Was this the same situation with MS, or are we continuing what we've seen with the Signature MXs where the service center does final tweaking and adjustments?

I took delivery at the factory with my MS, so I don't have a point of reference.

Can someone who took delivery of an MS at their service center chime in here? The interesting thing to me is that the vehicle will arrive 1-2 weeks prior to the delivery date. Was this the same situation with MS, or are we continuing what we've seen with the Signature MXs where the service center does final tweaking and adjustments?

I took delivery at the factory with my MS, so I don't have a point of reference.

I wonder if Tesla wants to make sure all the Signature Series are delivered first. This was an issue with the Model S, and there were some extremely unhappy sig buyers who watched as production cars were delivered before they got their sigs.

No, this is very different. Model S usually arrives and you take possession the next day (unless it's the quarterly "end of quarter sprint" in which case it can take a few days).
But with Model X they moved the "final inspection" to the SC - so there is a full test of all systems that they do at the SC. Several Sig owners have reported that it took a week and longer to take possession of their car and at least one of them had this change in procedure confirmed by their SC staff.

I am Res 14xx and VIN 4xx. I reserved 7/15/12, confirmed 12/1, VIN 12/23 (but who's counting, really!?!?! Lol). I am hoping with 1000+ a month starting late December, and there being less than 1000 Sigs ordered/ built/ VIN (anyway), that it would be sooner than later. March seems SO far!! (I actually bought an S November 27th, I was so ready to be in a Tesla). That being said I would MUCH rather have a quality build, than not. SC visits don't sound appealing. Not horrific, but would rather not

I wonder if Tesla wants to make sure all the Signature Series are delivered first. This was an issue with the Model S, and there were some extremely unhappy sig buyers who watched as production cars were delivered before they got their sigs.
One strang thing that will make many unhappy is that the normal production cars is on if way trough the factory and the Europeien Signature holders haven't get invited to the design studio jet. Shouldn't all signatures be deliver or at least produce before any normal production car?

One strang thing that will make many unhappy is that the normal production cars is on if way trough the factory and the Europeien Signature holders haven't get invited to the design studio jet. Shouldn't all signatures be deliver or at least produce before any normal production car?

That's the advantage locals usually enjoy. There are a lot of European or Japanese cars we don't get in the first one or two years or even not at all. European sig will be delivered before European production for sure.

UPDATES:

I just got another call from DS today. My car (Production VIN 14X) is already finished. It just needs couple more days of inspection at the factory and 1 day delivering to local SC (Costa Mesa, CA). One more additional week to go through a series of checklist at local SC then it's READY. Estimate delivery date is still on track (2 WEEKS FROM NOW!!!).

BTW, she asked which cell phone I am using so they can have it's dock correctly install.

P90X, seven seats, vegan interior, default wheels, all other upgrades.

I want my car, yeah, but I want everyone else to get their car. Then I want Tesla to sell more Xs to people who don't even know the car exists right now. That'll happen when us first-movers do our silent and not-so-silent evangelizing on the roads and parking lots of the world.

I'm incentivized to see that happen, both as someone who cares about our planet, and as someone who owns a fair amount of TSLA. So ramp up!

p.s. I was reservation number 14XXX so I jumped way ahead in line. Yeay me! But I also feel bad for everyone else I jumped ahead of, so I also want to see everyone get their cars ASAP to assuage that little twinge of guilt!