Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Summon Feature Will Pick you Up in the Rain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just a slightly modified use of the "summon from garage" behavior? Accordingly, the car must be within 39 feet and driving in essentially a straight line to reach the destination, correct?

IOW, am I correct that this wouldn't work if the car were halfway down a row of spaces and needed to make any kind of turn to reach the destination?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just a slightly modified use of the "summon from garage" behavior? Accordingly, the car must be within 39 feet and driving in essentially a straight line to reach the destination, correct?

IOW, am I correct that this wouldn't work if the car were halfway down a row of spaces and needed to make any kind of turn to reach the destination?

Correct. Hence why he added the "kind of". It's tongue in cheek (my opinion of the post).

I have "summoned" my car several times this week while approaching it in a regular strip mall type parking lot. It really blows peoples minds. As you approach vehicle activate the feature and the car pulls out of spot for you (be aware of traffic/pedestrians of course) and stop the car once clear of parking spot and proceed to drivers door and enter vehicle and drive away. People just watch and scratch their head as in "how the F did he just do that". I've gotten to the point where I can time it perfectly and not even break my stride. It's kind of a dumb feature but I find it to be the one that really is a "WOW" factor. People are impressed with autopilot but until they are in the car to experience it they just are kind of "Yeah, that's cool. Don't other cars do that as well?" They basically think it's just TACC.

But when the freakin car pulls out or parks itself and opens/closes the garage..... MIND BLOWN!

I suppose if you were really patient, you could summon it multiple times to overcome the 39 foot limitation. Turns are still going to be an issue.