Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1 - "downgraded" my 70 to a 60 (visual issue only?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After getting the 7.1 update yesterday, my car (a base Model 70) now reports itself as a 60 - on the dash when I first get in the car, and on the main screen when I tap the Tesla logo.

As near as I can tell it's just the "Model 60" text that is wrong - my remaining miles indicator is giving me the same numbers I got before the update.

Anyone else have this problem?

I ended up calling support this morning. The person I spoke with sounded a little surprised and described it as "some kind of glitch". He's passing it along to service, we'll see if they do some sort of re-install, or if I will be waiting until a new version or what.

A little worried I saw this right after I started the install. Well, as long as she starts tomorrow, I guess.
Even if this was widespread (which I am doubting based on the responses so far) I wouldn't be worried. This issue really does seem to be just a visual issue - I have found absolutely nothing else in the car behaving incorrectly, including other display elements.

After getting the 7.1 update yesterday, my car (a base Model 70) now reports itself as a 60 - on the dash when I first get in the car, and on the main screen when I tap the Tesla logo.

As near as I can tell it's just the "Model 60" text that is wrong - my remaining miles indicator is giving me the same numbers I got before the update.

Anyone else have this problem?

I have the exact same issue. Also a (week old) 70 that now became a 60. Other than that the 7.2 update has been great ;)

Will check with sc tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Err 7.1 (before I raise even more more confusion ;) )

Hah! Were that the case I definitely would. Unfortunately it just downgraded my regular 70 to a regular 60.

Could be why so many S70s are still waiting for an upgrade. I noticed on Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App, in the "Updates by Model/Trim", that only one person with a RWD 70 has registered an update to 7.1...wait a minute...checkin on a hunch...and that person happens to be you! Hahaha.

Hope they fix that glitch before pushing out 7.1 to the rest of us poor souls with RWD 70s.

49d01a52a6f0e23961a9ab82cd099044.jpg

a67decf7c787e2fcbcf49ff2a2e6d463.jpg