Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

That's not a Buick! That's a Tesla Model S Coupe! Or it should be.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes very impressive design from Buick...

landscape-1452470559-2016-buick-avista-concept-012.jpg

2016-buick-concept-avista-landing-page-masthead-1920x730.jpg

Sorry but you guys (rightly) complain about Chinese knock-offs, when it seems your own are just as bad.

perhaps they outsourced the design ... well they seem to have outsourced most of the Bolt.

I suppose it could be said that it shows just how much of an impact Tesla is starting to have on the industry ... which is precisely Elon's stated agenda

My 10 year old is brilliant at spotting model and make of vehicle at first glance, (we can't walk down the road without him listing cars). Given that we live in the country where 'imitation is surely the best form of flattery' it is amazing how good he is at this.

He just came back from school looked over my shoulder and said 'wow, a new Tesla' before he spotted the badge and got all confused!

If Tesla wishes to use the testimony he is available as an expert witness. :biggrin:

All - We need to understand that Tesla is an innovator in this space and as such serves as the guinea pig for many things. Its success only ushers in all the others who werent brave enough to take the risks, and hence we have knock-offs and strong similarities. Companies will be borrowing and copying things that Tesla does so theres no getting around that. What we need to be concerned with is how Tesla takes advantage of being a leader/innovator, and right now they are NOT. They are not advertising like they should and are not making it known they are the first to market. Instead they act like they are a 2 yr old company trying to use word of mouth and viral videos to promote their brand and products. This leaves the door WIDE open for other companies to come out and be the first to have real commercials that promote "Autonomous Features" and they will capitalize because everyone watches some form of commercials be it on TV or online, but not everyone knows a Tesla owner or has ever even seen a Tesla. So by the time the Model 3 comes around all people will know is Chevy Bolt and other Companies that actually Market their brand and cars to the masses regardless of how affordable it was....I remember superbowl commercials and regular commercials for the Lexus LFA which was $400K, so there is no excuse!

Believe this is a concept car from Buick. Production car will be similar, but not as good looking.

Show car's nose is lower than legal, and that produces a great looking rake which will not see production.

Ultra high quality show car paint job, and expensive wheels.

No windshield wipers and custom (expensive) mirrors and mounts.

In standard Buick production form, expect the WOW factor to be diminished.

Last edited: