Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue Metallic Model X Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ohmman

Upright Member
Global Moderator
Feb 13, 2014
North Bay/Truckee, CA
Please post ONLY Blue Metallic MX photos in this thread. All interiors welcome, only post your best shots.

attachment.php?attachmentid=105485.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=105486.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=105487.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=105488.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=105489.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=105490.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=105491.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: UnpluggedP
It is always interesting to look at colors on the web, but I try and not draw too many conclusions from them. To illustrate this point compare the first sets of photos with the latest. I much prefer the quality of blue in these last set of photos than the earlier ones. But that is probably because I would prefer a less flashy slightly darker blue. The latest photos are in the shade which helps, but so are the photos of the X indoors.

The difference here is an artifact of how auto exposure works. All cameras try and average all the light values to certain percentage grey. That is why so often snow in photos are grey as the snow is in these photos. When the snow is grey, you can bet all the rest of the colors in the photo are rendered darker as well unless careful shooting and /or editing is done.

My conclusion, be careful choosing the color of your Model X from photos. ohmann I apologize if my comments like this clutter your thread when I know you want it to focus on photos, but it seemed relevant and I hope helpful to people choosing their colors.

It is always interesting to look at colors on the web, but I try and not draw too many conclusions from them. To illustrate this point compare the first sets of photos with the latest. I much prefer the quality of blue in these last set of photos than the earlier ones. But that is probably because I would prefer a less flashy slightly darker blue. The latest photos are in the shade which helps, but so are the photos of the X indoors.

The difference here is an artifact of how auto exposure works. All cameras try and average all the light values to certain percentage grey. That is why so often snow in photos are grey as the snow is in these photos. When the snow is grey, you can bet all the rest of the colors in the photo are rendered darker as well unless careful shooting and /or editing is done.

My conclusion, be careful choosing the color of your Model X from photos. ohmann I apologize if my comments like this clutter your thread when I know you want it to focus on photos, but it seemed relevant and I hope helpful to people choosing their colors.

Ok, I, perhaps like you, like a richer deeper blue. But, in photos I prefer the white X's, but in person I am tilting toward the blue, despite you claiming online the blue looks better to you and me. Yet, I'm now worried the blue is too silly (bright), and am wondering again about the white. Ugh. I wish I had one of those color changing paints.

I use an iMac Retina 5K 27", (in 5120x2880 mode but that makes no difference color-wise), and the snow looks white to me, not grey.

Ok, I, perhaps like you, like a richer deeper blue. But, in photos I prefer the white X's, but in person I am tilting toward the blue, despite you claiming online the blue looks better to you and me. Yet, I'm now worried the blue is too silly (bright), and am wondering again about the white. Ugh. I wish I had one of those color changing paints.

I use an iMac Retina 5K 27", (in 5120x2880 mode but that makes no difference color-wise), and the snow looks white to me, not grey.

Go with what you liked in person not what some silly guy :tongue: said about photos of the blue online.