Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signature Red Model X Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ohmman

Upright Member
Global Moderator
Feb 13, 2014
North Bay/Truckee, CA
Please post ONLY Signature Red MX photos in this thread. All interiors welcome, only post your best shots.

attachment.php?attachmentid=107317.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up my Model X from Motor City Auto Spa today after installing opti-coat, Xpel (both on the exterior and on the back of the seats due to kids kicking), plasti-dipping the rims (Signature Owners could only select silver rims), and correcting a few minor paint imperfections found during opt-coat application. I may cross post this in the "issues" sections as further evidence of Tesla's newer deliveries having better fit and finish compared to the first deliveries: Matt Lifter, the owner, corrected 2 of the 3 paint imperfections. Only one "dip" in the paint was too shallow (3.6 mils) to sand and buff out. However, Matt was throughly impressed with the paint job. The three "imperfections" would be expected in any new, high-end manufacturer he services (Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Lamborghini, Ferrari, etc.). Matt found Tesla's paint job to be as good as any manufacturer (he details every car you can imagine from Model Ts - you read that correctly - to Lamborghinis, Ferraris, etc.). Also, I drove my car 600 miles since I picked it up on January 16, 2016. Accordingly, these three imperfections may have occurred on my watch, and not Tesla. More importantly, unless you have a high-end detailer review the paint quality, you would never spot these imperfections. I attempted to photograph images for the forum, but it was ridiculous how close I had to get to accurately caption the "imperfections." In other words, if a professional automotive detailer has to identify "imperfections" that require you to photograph your car from 3 to 6 inches, the paint quality is perfect. Matt did find the rear lift gate and front trunk to have better alignment (and less gaps) than what others reported, but did believe Tesla could (and will) do better over time. According to Matt, the car is as close to perfect (paint, gaps, trim alignment) as anyone could reasonably expect considering it is one of the first 4 to 5 hundred manufactured.

Below are the pictures (Mods please rotate if necessary) Enjoy:

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ormond