Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If GM built this car with an electric drivetrain, Tesla would be out of business--

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, this car is just friggen beautiful. I see ques of the Tesla in it. If GM were to actually build this car with an electric drivetrain even somewhat comparable to the Model S, Tesla would have to step up big time or they'd be out of business!! Maybe an exaggeration, but was just really amazing by the looks of this car. Unfortunately, as of right now, they're planning for an ICE, but GM is at least second when it comes to EV technology. If they really wanted to compete with Tesla or even Porsche, this would be the car to do it.

Oh, the natural disclaimer so as not to offend all Tesla owners....This is of course "in my humble opinion". I love my Tesla S too!

The beautiful Buick Avista may have already won the Detroit Auto Show | The Verge

2016-Buick-Avista-Concept-012.0.jpg

2016-Buick-Avista-Concept-006.0.jpg

2016-Buick-Avista-Concept-001.0.jpg

2016-Buick-Avista-Concept-007.0.jpg

Wow, this car is just friggen beautiful. I see ques of the Tesla in it. If GM were to actually build this car with an electric drivetrain even somewhat comparable to the Model S, Tesla would have to step up big time or they'd be out of business!! Maybe an exaggeration, but was just really amazing by the looks of this car. Unfortunately, as of right now, they're planning for an ICE, but GM is at least second when it comes to EV technology. If they really wanted to compete with Tesla or even Porsche, this would be the car to do it.

Oh, the natural disclaimer so as not to offend all Tesla owners....This is of course "in my humble opinion". I love my Tesla S too!

Wow. Nice car. But I agree... the thing looks like a 2-door model S ripoff!

Copies. Everyone copies. Big deal. I agree: it's a beautiful looking car, and if it were EV with similar performance and range as a Tesla, I'd buy it!
Yes, essentially very similar but with one BIG difference = Nose cone! It is much better smiliey than the S frown. Tesla noses for S and X are just not sexy at all. Lets hope they can so something better in 3. Avista is also a coupe.

Buick putting Tesla out of business, LOL. Beautiful car and good for Buick for designing something with emotion. Again, GM had a chance here and blew it. That car as a BEV was their chance to enter the BEV market and instead we got the Bolt.

Buick putting Tesla out of business, LOL. Beautiful car and good for Buick for designing something with emotion. Again, GM had a chance here and blew it. That car as a BEV was their chance to enter the BEV market and instead we got the Bolt.
Bolt is just a test bed. GM plan is this:

Avista with BEV and Hybrid versions. Buy a BEV for your daily drive, exchange BEV for the Hybrid with GM dealership for your long distance drive. No need for supercharger. No Tejon Ranch challenge. Winning ticket.

Bolt is just a test bed. GM plan is this:

Avista with BEV and Hybrid versions. Buy a BEV for your daily drive, exchange BEV for the Hybrid with GM dealership for your long distance drive. No need for supercharger. No Tejon Ranch challenge. Winning ticket.

It's on the Camero platform. We already know that making a mixed platform vehicle doesn't work. This will never be a BEV or a hybrid.

Whatever the platform, the look kills. GM's answer to the supercharger is BEV to Hybrid swap at your dealership.

Seriously? Swap at the dealership? Okay... that's just half baked and idiotic. It appears that they don't HAVE a good response to the superchargers and so they're tossing this out for lack of any other ideas.

I'd love to see GM get serious about BEVs. They should suck up their pride and make deal with Tesla to participate and expand the SC network.

Whatever the platform, the look kills. GM's answer to the supercharger is BEV to Hybrid swap at your dealership.
I never want to spend any time having to drive to a dealership to exchange cars just so I can make a trip. That is not a winning strategy. I want my primary car to be able to travel wherever I want to go from the moment I sit down in the driver's seat in my garage.
Which is what I can do with my Model S. Now.
Regarding the Avista style, which of course all cars draw design inspiration from those that came before them, the Avista design does look a lot like an S in coupe format. I find the front end a bit too "heavy" looking and the rear too bulky, but overall it's nice.

I agree!

I would never buy a GM no matter what it looks like.

I have both a Volt and a Tesla and to be fair the Volt has been more reliable and much lower cost than my Roadster. Yes Tesla servicing has been very good. But the Chevy dealer has also treated us well

- - - Updated - - -

I want my primary car to be able to travel wherever I want to go from the moment I sit down in the driver's seat in my garage.

We hope eventually but there are many holes with SuperChargers. Try to drive to NE TN for example without tacking on a few days.

I never want to spend any time having to drive to a dealership to exchange cars just so I can make a trip. That is not a winning strategy. I want my primary car to be able to travel wherever I want to go from the moment I sit down in the driver's seat in my garage.
Regarding the Avista style, which of course all cars draw design inspiration from those that came before them, the Avista design does look a lot like an S in coupe format. I find the front end a bit too "heavy" looking and the rear too bulky, but overall it's nice.

Yes, but what if GM delivers the hybrid to my home in exchange, and I don't need to take the risk of Tejon Ranch 3 hours charger wait?

I have both a Volt and a Tesla and to be fair the Volt has been more reliable and much lower cost than my Roadster. Yes Tesla servicing has been very good. But the Chevy dealer has also treated us well

Well, the roadster was definitely a beta (or maybe even alpha) car from a company that had never made anything before. You paid good money to be a tester, but I bet it was fun!