Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't Order Standard Seating with Premium Upgrade Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to configure my Model X and noticed that the site will not allow me to get the standard multi pattern seating with a premium interior upgrade package. Has anyone been able to do that?

I have the standard multi pattern seats in my model s (which has been great as I have 3 small children) and so far it has been very easy to clean and keep clean so that is why I am wanting them again on the model x. When I add the premium interior upgrade package though, my seats automatically jump to leather which I get charged an extra $2500 for on top of the $4500 premium interior package and that is not what I want.

Has anyone been able to get the premium interior package with the standard seats?

This makes me sad :(
I am not interested in leather seats nor in the air suspension.
However if I want 90D with biohazard mode, I am forced to get both :(

I'm willing to pay for the whole premium package (4500) even if I do not care for half of the features, but the air suspension+leather is another 4500 on top :/

Unfortunately it's common practice in the auto industry to batch options like this. Most are even worse than Tesla. While I'm sure some of it comes from a desire to make money off high-margin options, a company like Tesla has to limit the number of option permutations in order to simplify production

That said, I feel your pain. My wife wanted Signature Red and so I had to get ALL THE THINGS (Except Ludicrous, which I left off).

I went to configure my Model X and noticed that the site will not allow me to get the standard multi pattern seating with a premium interior upgrade package. Has anyone been able to do that?

I have the standard multi pattern seats in my model s (which has been great as I have 3 small children) and so far it has been very easy to clean and keep clean so that is why I am wanting them again on the model x. When I add the premium interior upgrade package though, my seats automatically jump to leather which I get charged an extra $2500 for on top of the $4500 premium interior package and that is not what I want.

Has anyone been able to get the premium interior package with the standard seats?
Ask for the vegan option. Last I heard, it was still available for the S.

PUP requires leather or the Ultra White (synthetic leather) seats. It is not possible to get PUP with the Black Multi-Patterned seats (at least not currently).