Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Source button gone! - 7.1 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As anyone else noticed the source select button is gone from the Media now playing panel? I cannot fathom why they removed it.

Honestly it seems for every firmware update they give you something new but at the cost of something else.

Why Tesla, why?!?!!?

When I listen to Audible, I have to start it on my phone first, and then use the right steering wheel button to select my phone.

The latest 7.1 update I received yesterday still has the flaw about not re-connecting to the smartphone when re-entering the car. If you're listening to the smartphone's media when leaving the car - and that's the phone that returns to the car - the source should go back to the phone - and not require re-selection every time..

As anyone else noticed the source select button is gone from the Media now playing panel? I cannot fathom why they removed it.

Honestly it seems for every firmware update they give you something new but at the cost of something else.

Why Tesla, why?!?!!?

I only learned about this button a few weeks ago, and so soon, it's gone...

Does seem like an odd thing to remove (not like the screen space was repurposed or anything); perhaps it's the start of some media rework?

image.jpeg

All of the 'Now Playing' information is gone. If you select the media icon in the driver's display, it is blank. I cannot access it from the center console either... the selection is grayed out (unavailable ). I also notice that I can no longer mute the audio with the left thumbwheel. I can still change the volume setting, but not push to mute. I have to turn it all the way down to mute it. Seems odd that they would do this.

As an aside, while trying to get the media to work on the driver's display, I see an icon of a wheel and tire with the word Status under it. If I select it, I get actual tire pressures at each wheel. Is this new, or did I miss this before?

I agree that button should come back, but it's not quite the end of the world. Switch to the browse tab and your selections are right there on the left side.

I agree that it's not the end of the world...however, it was the only way I could figure out how to resume USB music from where I left off if I switched away from USB to another source (i.e. to check traffic on news radio and then switch back to where I left off on USB). Now I have to manually go through the USB menus in order to pick where I left off, or if I am using shuffle, I have to start the shuffling over. Anyone know another way to "resume" on USB? Source button should come back.