Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cyclone

Cyclonic Member ((.oO))
Jan 12, 2015
Charlotte, NC
My installation finished. Here is a look at what has changed. Doesn't look like we get Spotify which seems to be included in the non-classic 7.1 per other posts on this forum.

View attachment 107184
I got time and temp back when the service center update my firmware to 7.0.99 on Tuesday. Time includes sweeping second hand.

View attachment 107185

Can you share some shots of the dash when the car is "on" please. Did our speedo change at all?

Can you share some shots of the dash when the car is "on" please. Did our speedo change at all?

please, please, please make this so....definitely retardation to the max for us Classic owners! who gives a Rat's Ass what the odometer is saying all the time :cursing:

btw, I should have my update soon enough as I got the ping this morning and definitely want the Spotify integration! Woot!

Just took my 7.1 classic S for a spin. Shocker here I know - but prepare to be let down.

no "major UI upgrades" despite Elon's tweet last fall to a classic owner. The speedo looks the same. The toy car is there. It still looks like the dash display nodes are multiple design concepts duct taped together.

They did add time/temp which I know some of us will be happy about.

I also think it speaks to the level of focus on Classic S within Tesla that the Classic 7.1 release notes include an "additional improvement" which allows us to change the volume while parking assist is ongoing. Of course, we don't have parking assist....

I love my car, but chalk another over promise up for Elon (RE: his tweet about major main UI upgrades in 7.1 for classic S).

Yup. No such luck with getting rid of the odometer on my classic S with 7.1.

13a33d7e961ce52eec8aadde5731ce64.jpg

af10c4ed226f55484d2642c1fcf10ed0.jpg

However, I do like the option of having the doors unlock optional when moving into park. The garage door auto opening is a nice feature too, but I'm weary of the auto close. I'll have to try it.

Got the OTA update on my Classic W/O autopilot early this morning. I like the new Homelink Auto Open/Close. that is a nice addition, Otherwise,, not much changed for the Classic's Not much expected, so I'm not disappointed. I'm still happy that they do updates for the features that they can with the older cars.. If I had one request, I would like the Temp on both displays like it used to be.

Reactions: markn455
Thanks for the posts. What is most important to me is the contrast issue on the speedometer.
Has this been fixed with 7.1?

Whoa. Hold the phone! What is this "Supercharger Site Availability" thingy??

Whoa. Hold the phone! What is this "Supercharger Site Availability" thingy??

Here it is ( see my previous post with a picture)

Not on my car but from another thread which talks about Supercharger

- - - Updated - - -

What is the "contrast issue," 4SUPER9?

BTW: I was informed that the update would take 45 minutes, but it look far less. I have no idea what parameters alter the time for firmware updating...

That's probably because for classic owners like us... there is not much in this update ...most of it for autopilot cars though..disappointing:mad:

Hmm, well I'm happy to see 7.1 is out. That's great. But quite frankly it falls short of Elon's promised major UI overhaul. Did this already get pushed back to 7.2? Fine with that, as long as it's still in the pipeline.

Any updates to the climate control display?

Auto open and close worked great for me. The nav map also now appears to show which superchargers are in range by changing the contrast of the icon.

This is not new.

Oh no, not this again!

It is effectively random.

I got it last night. Why? No idea. But I did.

It is not random. It is rolled out in such a way as to maximize confusion and maximize posts about how it might be rolled out. Typically, the answer of "when" it will hit a particular car is "after everyone else you know". In my case, it is "doesn't matter, but notice that your wife got it immediately and you're still waiting... DANCE FOR ME FOOL!"

Crappy graphics, stupid toy car -- Musk and his promises strike again, for classic owners. Wait until 7.2.
I just sent another email to Tesla with my requested 7.0 changes -- its nice to complain/commiserate on this site, but if we also all keep sending our software changes directly to Tesla, maybe the volume of the change requests will resonate, maybe.
All we need is for them to reassign two decent programmers from the autopilot project to us for one afternoon, and we could probably get this squared away. Unfortunately, as a classic owner, I feel like just an afterthought for Elon. I will buy my wife a Tesla when Musk shows that he cares about the people on whose shoulders he built this company, or maybe BMW or Audi will catch up with a product that I like for her.

Crappy graphics, stupid toy car -- Musk and his promises strike again, for classic owners. Wait until 7.2.
I just sent another email to Tesla with my requested 7.0 changes -- its nice to complain/commiserate on this site, but if we also all keep sending our software changes directly to Tesla, maybe the volume of the change requests will resonate, maybe.
All we need is for them to reassign two decent programmers from the autopilot project to us for one afternoon, and we could probably get this squared away. Unfortunately, as a classic owner, I feel like just an afterthought for Elon. I will buy my wife a Tesla when Musk shows that he cares about the people on whose shoulders he built this company, or maybe BMW or Audi will catch up with a product that I like for her.

How old are you? Not being mean but it's hard to tell with your post

"stupid toy car" sound awfully young. And
"I will buy my wife a tesla" sounds old school. Like your wife has no say and can't shop for her own car

How old are you? Not being mean but it's hard to tell with your post

"stupid toy car" sound awfully young. And
"I will buy my wife a tesla" sounds old school. Like your wife has no say and can't shop for her own car

How is that productive to anyone? If you're going to be mean, at least admit it.

Anyway-- I agree with brooklynrab in that all the hype about Autopilot is great and all, but if my numbers are right nearly HALF the fleet is still pre-Autopilot (though admittedly becoming a smaller percentage every day).

Tesla would do well to devote some more resources to maximizing our experiences too. The random moving of displayed info doesn't count.

Side question-- I know that Autopilot hardware can't be retrofit, but what about JUST the front center radar, would that be enough to enable traffic-aware cruise control? I'm happy to steer myself but TACC would be an upgrade that seems minimally invasive and more useful than LTE.