Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All weather mats being redesigned

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Talked to my SC today and was told the all weather mats are being redesigned by weather tec and would not be available until end of the month. Hopefully this doesn't mean a redesign of the price upwards too!

Explains why they're not available online or thru the SCs.

Good. Maybe they won't hold the accelerator down anymore. When I picked up my P85D I almost had a "Toyota" experience on the way home. After I determined I could duplicate the problem every time I punched it, I cut about 2" off the mat under the pedals. I hope they are redesigning them so they are not as tall under the pedals. Seems risky to design them such, as obviously to me the slightest variance installing them in the field can be catastrophic. Why do they need to be this tall anyway? No one puts their foot under the pedal.

Sorry, to be more clear with my complaint - the problem I had was the top of the mat was exactly even with the bottom of the accelerator pedal. I'm talking exact. So when I punched the accelerator to the floor, the top of the mat would come in contact with the bottom of the rubber on the pedal, and the pedal would stick in the down position. My solution was to cut the mat so that it was 2" below the pedal. I guess the other solution would be to make the mat taller and let the mat go behind the pedal, if you don't intend on ever pushing the accelerator all the way to the floor. Although I do agree that on the passenger side it's too low.

Yes, my mats were screwed down, installed upon vehicle delivery before I took it home, installed by the Tesla service center itself. This is not a matter of the mat moving. This is the very unfortunate circumstance of the top of the mat and the bottom of the accelerator pedal aligning perfectly.

My solution was to cut the mat near the accelerator. See the photo.

I don't understand why the mat has to go under the accelerator anyway. You are not supposed to put your foot _under_ the pedal! :)
064b33e49c68625dcf1db4a19e4f3362.jpg

I ordered my all-weather mats in early Nov 2015. They were on backorder and I didn't receive until mid-Dec, after I took delivery of my new MS. The mats fit perfectly, front and rear, and the driver-side mat doesn't come anywhere close to interfering with the accelerator pedal.
see a couple photos I took below, I included a tape measure to show the lip height of about 3.5" off the floor
I wonder if there are already several iterations of these mats?

DSC07409.jpg

DSC07530.jpg

I ordered my all-weather mats in early Nov 2015. They were on backorder and I didn't receive until mid-Dec, after I took delivery of my new MS. The mats fit perfectly, front and rear, and the driver-side mat doesn't come anywhere close to interfering with the accelerator pedal.
see a couple photos I took below, I included a tape measure to show the lip height of about 3.5" off the floor
I wonder if there are already several iterations of these mats?

Yea, I think you're on to something about multiple iterations. I ordered and received mine in September, and they are a great fit, appear as yours look with no pedal interference. Only thing I'd love is a bit taller on the front side of the passenger mat... because people's toes still hit the carpet on that side, causing me to use two different methods to keep it all clean.

I've had my mats since they first became available, so 1st iteration, no issues. But, do you notice how the plastic circle beneath the go pedal lies much lower in relation to the mat in mhs' pic? Could the pedal placement have changed? Doesn't appear that the mat design changes much in the pics above.

I hope they make them in soft rubber instead of the hard plastic.

Are the front mats the same material/quality as the ones for the trunk? I could not order the front set because they are out of stock, but my local service center had a set of the trunk mats in stock, so I bought those. I was startled when I got the box, because it was so lightweight. When I unrolled them and installed them, I was not particularly impressed. They cover the carpet, for sure, but the fit could be better (especially in the footwell), and they are very light in weight (thickness) compared to the heavy rubber mats I had a few years ago in another car. So I wondered if the front floor mats are the same. The front mats look quite good in the photos above, especially the one posted by cynix.

Are the front mats the same material/quality as the ones for the trunk? I could not order the front set because they are out of stock, but my local service center had a set of the trunk mats in stock, so I bought those. I was startled when I got the box, because it was so lightweight. When I unrolled them and installed them, I was not particularly impressed. They cover the carpet, for sure, but the fit could be better (especially in the footwell), and they are very light in weight (thickness) compared to the heavy rubber mats I had a few years ago in another car. So I wondered if the front floor mats are the same. The front mats look quite good in the photos above, especially the one posted by cynix.
I have front, back, frunk and trunk footwell Tesla all-weather mats. Basically all the same thickness. None are the super thick variety I've seen with others, but then again, I don't see why I really need more weight (bad for range) if the mat design keeps the muck in place and off the carpets, and can stand up to a few scrapes and a lot of foot scuffing which ai think these will. In other words, the mats work for me, but I agree the frunk and trunk footwell are not quite as good a fit as the front/back are.