Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Denton, Texas Supercharger Ribbon Cutting (Saturday, January 30, 2016 @ 10:00am)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bollar

Disgruntled Member
May 1, 2013
Southlake, TX
Please join the North Texas Tesla Electric Vehicle Owners Group along with The Rayzor Ranch Marketplace for a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony to celebrate the recent opening of the Tesla High Powered Supercharger-Denton, Texas

Saturday, January 30, 2015 10:00 A.M.

Rayzor Ranch Marketplace
2700 West University Drive Denton, TX 76201
(Between Petco and Villa Grande)

Confirmed Invited Dignitaries:
- Chris Watts -- Mayor, City of Denton
- Lori Clark -- Principal Air Quality Planner, North Central Texas Council of Governments
-- and --
- An OFFICIAL representative from Tesla Motors!

scrcbollar.png

Last edited:
So this is the official one? Was the previous one that Tesla retweeted the unofficial one?

This is the real deal. For some reason this reminds me of the movie "Dirty Dancing" where Swayze says "nobody puts Baby in a corner!" Denton deserves to dance. This SC is a big deal for this region and it allows Tesla Owners more freedom than we have enjoyed in the past. I think it is a milestone and with Denton being a proponent of renewable energy, it is just that much sweeter! Nice car on that invite! LOL :biggrin:

Please join the North Texas Tesla Electric Vehicle Owners Group along with The Rayzor Ranch Marketplace for a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony to celebrate the recent opening of the Tesla High Powered Supercharger-Denton, Texas

Saturday, January 30, 2015 10:00 A.M.

Rayzor Ranch Marketplace
2700 West University Drive Denton, TX 76201
(Between Petco and Villa Grande)

Confirmed Invited Dignitaries:
Denton Mayor, Chris Watts
Representatives from DFW Clean Cities / North Central Texas Council of Governments
Other Invited Guests (awaiting confirmation):Denton City Council Members
Representatives from Denton Municipal Electric
Tesla Motors

View attachment 106790

If I'm in town, I'll be there!

The weather is forecast to be sunny and 70+ degrees for our ribbon cutting! We certainly couldn't ask for better January weather. We hope you can make it -- we're still excited about North Texas' first supercharger! Our distinguished guests:

- Chris Watts -- Mayor, City of Denton
- Lori Clark -- Principal Air Quality Planner, North Central Texas Council of Governments
-- and --

We plan to start the event at 10:00am sharp and afterwards adjourning to Villa Grande for brunch.

In case you've been wondering what we've been up to in North Texas, we did have our own Meet the X Event yesterday. Twenty-three Model S, plus one Signature Roadster owners came to check out this beautiful Signature X. Video by our own stevejust:

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, that's right -- an OFFICIAL representative from Tesla Motors!

Last edited by a moderator:
Info for those of you who are not on the Facebook group. We will adjourn to the Villa Grande restaurant following the ribbon cutting ceremony. This restaurant is a short walk from the Supercharger bays. If you wish to join us there, please post here with number attending so I can get a headcount. If you are on the Facebook group and have already confirmed lunch there, I have your response. Each person is responsible for his own check. Looking forward to Saturday!

Twenty-three hours to go. Our honored guests have all confirmed and the Superchargers are all nice and shiny. All we need now is for you to join us TOMORROW. Be there at 9:30 to mingle with other Tesla owners. We'll plan to start at 10:00am sharp.