Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Greater Detroit Model S Owners - Anyone Available for a Test-Fit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I've been a huge fan of Tesla, their cars, and what they stand for since the Roadster days. My mother has had a Model S 85 for about a year, which I've put at least 1000 miles on, and that hasn't helped with the inevitable falling in love with the MS.

I'm now closer than ever to selling one of my ICE cars and making the jump to a MS. I did a couple of test drives in Philadelphia yesterday, and have my options list down to a science, but before committing to a nearly 7-figure vehicle, there are a couple of important checks I need to make! That's where you guys ma come in, if you're willing.

The garage of the house I'm living in now (amazingly!) has a NEMA 14-50 outlet already installed directly off of the breaker box. I've checked that it's live using a multimeter, but I'd like to ensure that it's capable of charging the car at 40A like it should.

On top of that, due to the location of the outlet, I'll need to pull the car in nose-first, as opposed to trunk-first (how I part my current car in that spot). Because the MS is significantly bigger than my current cars, I'd like to ensure that it's feasible to get on into and out of the garage on a daily basis.

So here's my proposition - If somebody would pay me a visit at my house and allow me to get your MS into/out of my garage a few times, and ensure that the NEMA 14-50 charges the car from the charge cord, I'd be very appreciative, and happy to let you top off on charge, chat all things Tesla, and go grab a coffee.

Ideally, a weekend would be best, but after 6:30 or so I should be home on weeknights.

Anyone game?

Hi all,

I've been a huge fan of Tesla, their cars, and what they stand for since the Roadster days. My mother has had a Model S 85 for about a year, which I've put at least 1000 miles on, and that hasn't helped with the inevitable falling in love with the MS.

I'm now closer than ever to selling one of my ICE cars and making the jump to a MS. I did a couple of test drives in Philadelphia yesterday, and have my options list down to a science, but before committing to a nearly 7-figure vehicle, there are a couple of important checks I need to make! That's where you guys ma come in, if you're willing.

The garage of the house I'm living in now (amazingly!) has a NEMA 14-50 outlet already installed directly off of the breaker box. I've checked that it's live using a multimeter, but I'd like to ensure that it's capable of charging the car at 40A like it should.

On top of that, due to the location of the outlet, I'll need to pull the car in nose-first, as opposed to trunk-first (how I part my current car in that spot). Because the MS is significantly bigger than my current cars, I'd like to ensure that it's feasible to get on into and out of the garage on a daily basis.

So here's my proposition - If somebody would pay me a visit at my house and allow me to get your MS into/out of my garage a few times, and ensure that the NEMA 14-50 charges the car from the charge cord, I'd be very appreciative, and happy to let you top off on charge, chat all things Tesla, and go grab a coffee.

Ideally, a weekend would be best, but after 6:30 or so I should be home on weeknights.

Anyone game?

Where do you live?

Sorry Tom, I missed your reply :/

I'd love to use my mother's car for testing, but it's back in Philadelphia - and since she's not a fan of driving long distances, I don't think it will end up here in the near future.

Islandbayy and SteelGrey, I'll PM you later today about possibly meeting up.