Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth issues!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tanner

Nov 17, 2013
SoCal
I keep getting this message and service says it's no big deal and that "it happens" - I keep having to reboot the center console.
FullSizeRender 3.jpg

Last edited:
I've had a variety of issues. Mostly that it forgets my phone. I then have to reboot it, the car and the phone.

I have had that message I think twice and another message. I'd call Tesla if it is still showing and they can pull the logs (that might help). I had them pull the logs on mine and that convinced them to bring in the car again. Intermittent problems are really hard to fix and reproduce. But my phone works fine with the loaners.

I don't know if it's related but yesterday and again today I got into the car and the phone (iPhone) did not connect automatically like it usually does. Had to manually reconnect it.

Hoping it's just a temporary situation.

I've been getting the "Bluetooth Not Functioning Correctly" message occasionally over the past two years. It seemed to get more frequent with the 7.0 software - happening about once a week. A reboot always fixes it. Then about 2 weeks ago, after upgrading to 2.9.40, I was having Bluetooth problems and I was trying various things to fix it before rebooting, and when I tried to delete the phone from the device list, that same error message came up briefly, then it went away, and it all started working. So I thought the new firmware had a workaround that whenever the Bluetooth subsystem gets into the bad state that results in that error message, it resets the BT system - a workaround, not a fix, but better than nothing. I asked the service centre about it but they didn't find a problem or fix anything. They upgraded me to 2.9.68, and since then I've seen the message a couple of times without the self-correcting. So I'm back to rebooting whenever this happens.

It's getting very annoying. Today a phone call came in while I was driving and I hadn't noticed that my phone hadn't connected to the car, so I couldn't answer it. This could be seen as a safety issue - an important call comes in that the driver really doesn't want to miss, BT is busted, and the driver frantically squirms around to pull his phone out of a pocket to answer it while driving...

I hope they fix this soon.

I've had a variety of issues. Mostly that it forgets my phone. I then have to reboot it, the car and the phone.

I have had that message I think twice and another message. I'd call Tesla if it is still showing and they can pull the logs (that might help). I had them pull the logs on mine and that convinced them to bring in the car again. Intermittent problems are really hard to fix and reproduce. But my phone works fine with the loaners.

When it does not automatically connect to my phone I restart the phone and it automatically connects after that. Did not have it reboot car. I have a samsung galaxy 5.