Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Vehicle Quiz

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, the answer to #5 apparently depends on where you live. The test authors in the US apparently think quiet cars are a danger, but in the UK, they did some testing:

Quiet electric cars 'pose no danger' to visually impaired

The research, due to be published tomorrow, will show that at low speeds of 7-8 kmh (5mph) electric cars were just one decibel quieter than petrol cars. When speeds were increased to more than 20 kmh (12mph), the noise levels were "similar", with tyre noise dominating. "There does not appear to be any significant difference in the acoustic nature of [internal combustion engine] vehicles and [electric and hybrid] vehicles, and as such nothing suggests a pedestrian would clearly be able to differentiate between vehicle types," the report says.

I had a problem with that question, since it assumes lack of noise is something being 'worked on' and draws the conclusion that no noise is dangerous. They aren't noisy enough. This is a serious danger for blind pedestrians, so electric car makers need to figure out what sounds to put on their cars.

I missed the one on heating an electric vehicle. I thought the resistance heat of the Tesla and my last conversion were easy and straight forward but not according to the quiz. I did better ont he next quiz on Tesla

Agree. I thought the same thing (though not because of a conversion or owning a Tesla). Only one I got wrong, but I also agree wit bonnie and Doug_G about the noise question.

-Shark2k

I got all of the electric car quiz questions correct, but that's only because the stupid noise problem was the least stupid on the list. Multiple choice is always easier than other tests. The site asked if I was an electric car genius. I only got 80% of the Nikola Tesla quiz right. Obviously, anyone can get 100% if they use Wikipedia or Google, but I tried to go on what I already knew without doing research during the quiz. Good thing they didn't ask where Nikola was born, because I thought he was Italian until this past weekend!