Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello and happy new year from Germany ... :-)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everybody and happy new year,

I think it´s the right time, the beginning of a new year, to join your amazing community and to change our own fossil :biggrin: behaviour. We´re real petrol heads from Germany and up to now in favour of Italian cars because of design (really important) and extravagance. For us it´s absolutely boring to drive German (mostly self-appointed) premium brands. They have really no soul in contrast to our Italian cars. Of course it is a very subjective point of view. My wife and I had very much fun driving powerful Italian cars in the past and up to now we have no Tesla.

But times and behaviour are always changing and we will buy a Tesla (and no EV from another manufacturer) in the near future. Maybe it could be a Model E (3) because we don´t need a larger car and because of design reasons we don´t like crossovers or SUV (Model X). But if the design doesn´t meet our expectations we will get an S.

Finally we´re glad to be part of your community.

Best regards from Germany

Josh (with Sonja and 12 year-old David) from Germany ... :)

Welcome to the Tesla Motors Community!

While waiting for the Model III, why not rent a Models S for a few days? Preferably a good plug installed in your garage, like a red 16 Amp 3-phase, for 11 kW charging. That way you can evaluate the experience and decide if you really want to wait. Life is short.

GSP

Gruß dich, Josh,

We are also going to wait for a Model 3 but have booked a weekend package at a wellness spa hotel near Salzburg that includes a day's drive in a P85S. We are looking forward to the trip and, after having already done a test drive in a P85S fear we will also be tempted to buy a Model S immediately. Why not rent one for a day and just have fun?

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

a wellness hotel in Salzburg including an S-testdrive looks like the best preparation to leave the fossil past behind. This should be our next trip: beautiful city, wellness and this testdrive. Diabolic combination .... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Best regards from Bamberg to Regensburg

Josh

Hallo Josh - willkommen!

You'll have no regrets choosing the Model S sooner. Having had the opportunity to live in Germany for several years, and enjoy the 100mph+ daily drives to/from work, I believe there really is no better car for the autobahn. In fact, our first ride ever in a Tesla was at the Frankfurt store - nice guys and an easy ICE trip (double entendre :biggrin:) from your beautiful city. Plus, you have a growing population of superchargers to enable that trip to Salzburg and far beyond. And given the price of fuel in Germany . . . .

Freundliche Grüße!

Danke für Dein freundliches Willkommen UberEV,

I'm determined that an MS now would be really great. And the fear is, having a testdrive will create an order ... :love:

But to be more serious, an M3 will be simply more efficient, smaller size, less weight, maybe a better storage. And if the design is like a small MS, we will do so and wait. If the design is like RUMPLER TROPFENWAGEN from the 1920's, we will leave it and will buy an S of course. Only a few days left until end of march ... :wink:

The decision is absolutely clear. Our next car will be a Tesla, no doubt.

It's very nice to meet you here and kind regards from Germany, alles Gute and C U

Josh