Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions about the little things to Model X owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To all folks who have received the Model Xs. I have some strange questions. Can you post some pictures about the mundane things? for instance...

How big are the front indoor cup holders? Will they hold the official Tesla coffee mug?

Can a mattress be fit in the trunk like in the Model S "Hotel Tesla style".

Can you fit a set of golf clubs in the X Frunk?

When I'm wearing a suit or a sports jacket where in the backseat can I hang it?

Does the third row have vent for AC? (That was an issue for some kids getting too hot in the Model S).

Can a skinny kid slip into the back seat without moving the second row like Elon Musk did during the Model X reveal?

When driving with the FWDs open do they automatically close when you get to a certain speed or is your speed limited while they're open?

How big is the glove box? (Post a picture maybe)

What is the visibility like from the third row and is it comfortable for a full sized adult in your opinion?

Can you auto open the front doors with the key fob?

Have you had a rockstar moment while driving your X yet, where people are honking and taking pictures of you?

What did you name your X?

Thanks for indulging these weird questions with your awesome answers.

If anyone else has weird questions please feel free to post them in this thread.

Last edited:
To all folks who have received the Model Xs. I have some strange questions. Can you post some pictures about the mundane things? for instance...

How big are the front indoor cup holders? Will they hold the official Tesla coffee mug?
-- The dedicated cup holders seem of normal size... there are two adjustable "brackets" in the main console (Sig P90D) that can easily accommodate larger containers.

Can a mattress be fit in the trunk like in the Model S "Hotel Tesla style".
-- More like a large dog bed. It's not a big as the prototype.

Can you fit a set of golf clubs in the X Frunk?
-- Dunno for sure, but I think I can get my hunting gear in there. At least a rifle case or two.

When I'm wearing a suit or a sports jacket where in the backseat can I hang it?
-- Over the seat itself.

Does the third row have vent for AC? (That was an issue for some kids getting too hot in the Model S).
-- Hmmm, good question. Haven't gotten around to getting back there. Had to go look, there are vents in the side frame. The sub zero package also heats all 7 seats.

Can a skinny kid slip into the back seat without moving the second row like Elon Musk did during the Model X reveal?
-- No. The seats have to move forward. The final vehicle is not as large at the original prototype.

When driving with the FWDs open do they automatically close when you get to a certain speed or is your speed limited while they're open?

How big is the glove box? (Post a picture maybe)
-- On the small side, compared to my Yukon. Wide, not to high or deep. But useable.

What is the visibility like from the third row and is it comfortable for a full sized adult in your opinion?
-- My 6'5" friend sat in it today and said he actual fit when I closed the rear doors on him... to his surprise as well. I'm 5'9" and it plenty fine for me.

Can you auto open the front doors with the key fob?
-- Yes. But there is no ring on there for your house key... (house key?!... I probably still type www. for my URLs!)

Have you had a rockstar moment while driving your X yet, where people are honking and taking pictures of you?
-- For a moment I thought a lingerie truck blew up at an intersection... panties all over the wind shield. Not. I keep getting told people stop and take pictures of the car (when I'm not looking). Envy of all soccer mom's I suppose.

What did you name your X?
-- R2D2 (for now...)

Thanks for indulging these weird questions with your awesome answers.
-- I would post more pictures, but this site doesn't want to accept most of them.

If anyone else has weird questions please feel free to post them in this thread.